Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeat last filter used, with different values

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Before you would use CTRL+F to repeat the last filter used directly, and CTRL+ALT+F to use the last filter, but to input different values. Now that keyboard shortcut is gone. How can I restore that shortcut? It's really useful for some actions.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Check out the final paragraph from an Adobe staff member on this thread:

Photoshop 2017: Shortcut to open Last Filter with dialog box doesn't work | Photoshop Family Customer Community

(He says if you restore the old keyboard shortcut of Ctrl F to last filter, then Ctrl Alt F will work the way you want it to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now what are you using?  Did you change cc 2017 shortcut?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need is to use the last filter, but calling for the value prompt of that filter, as opposed to just simply apply it again directly with the values I already used before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no short cut that works interactively where you set new values it uses the values you used last.   It is ture that the Last Filter used Shortcut  use to be Ctrl+F and in in Now Alt+Ctrl+F newer version of Photoshop CS6 is Alt+Ctrl+F.  I just tested my CS2 and CS3 install and see that.   Using that shortcut it  applies the last filter  use again.  For example  I used menu filter>Blur>Gasuan Blur.   Then  each time I use Ctrl+F  the image blurs a little more. Here are some cs3 screen captures.  You can see Last Filter  Ctrl+F changes to Gaussiam  Blur Ctrl+F after I use filter Gassian blur.  I user Ctrl+F 15 times each time the image blured some more none were interactive with a dialog.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Barb's reply. Thank you for your time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2017: Shortcut to open Last Filter with dialog box doesn't work | Photoshop Family Custome...

(He says if you restore the old keyboard shortcut of Ctrl F to last filter, then Ctrl Alt F will work the way you want it to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder  wrote

Photoshop 2017: Shortcut to open Last Filter with dialog box doesn't work | Photoshop Family Custome...

It works too !    Now that was today's   "I learnt something today....."  

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave are you on a mac? I tried on windows in CC 2017 both apply the last fileter without dialog.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No John I'm on Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it has to do with  Windows 10 preview which I have installed.

I reset all Photoshop tools. Set up the shortcut closed down Photoshop.  Open Photoshop Open edit shortcuts to see the shortcuts Put the in the clipboard.  Open a new document and paste in the clipboard use filter blur  gaussian blur.  Both shortcuts work the same no dialog.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. Shouldn't be an issue, but could be.

However, I see a difference on your keyboard shortcuts.

Untitled-1.jpg

As you can see, below CTRL+F on "Last Filter", I don't have ALT+CTRL+F set up on a blank space like you do. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer was in your append I added the Ctrl+F shortcut.  I did not also delete the Ctrt+Alt+F shortcut I saw that you did that was the answer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it Barb! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines