Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing and placing images CS6 Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I am having trouble, just recently, placing and resizing image layers. The option to "place" an image from the file menu is no longer available and instead there are two - "Place Embedded" and "Place Linked". However, the images are not resizable after you size them initially. After that you can only access the sizing through the drop down menu at the top of the screen. Before I had the ability to select the layer and the corner points to resize use to come up. Have there been changes at all to CS6?

Also, I had my file window close down when trying to select new image files to place and has never done that before.

Running a new 15" MacBook Pro. 

Thanks,

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6? That choice should be in latest version of CC (14.2)

Here is a video explaining the new Place comands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=90MieX_xq74

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I saw of the video it was not showing the whole story the broken link part of the story was missing. How it works and what can be done if you can not resolve the broken link.

Where some have a use for Place linked I prefer to have embedded objects. For I want collages that may use the same original images to be independent from each other. Fortunately while the old interface menu File>Place no longer exists. Old scriptlistener code for  menu File>Place still places in images in Photoshop CC 14.2 and they seem to be embedded smart objects for opening the smart object with a double click winds up opening files copied by Photoshop in the user ID local temp space. So my old collage populating scripts still work. So I do not need to add code toe test if the users is using Photoshop CC 14.2 or newer and have two place versions  menu File>Place and menu File Place Embedded....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as resizing the placed images, you should still be able to press cmd-T to do a transform and scale the image.  There is a feature that allows you to scale layers, but that might have gotten turned off, but you don't need that if you use trandform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes there is an associated Transform layer for all placed image layers. It may be simple transform width 100% and High 100% with it center being over some point over the canvas.  The image layer transform may also be scaled to fit within canvas depend on image size and Photoshop preference. Or scaled by what you may have done using the place feature's interactive transform.  Target the smart object layer and use Free Transform to modify the existing transform.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines