• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a file as a PNG or JPEG removes most of the image

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a total photoshop noob with very limited experience however I couldn't find a solution to this problem online so I decided to post it here.

Whenever I try to save my file as a PNG or a JPEG the image changes to something totally different. I just want to save the image that appears visually in photoshop. The image changes in the same way when I flatten the layers (which I suppose makes sense as saving an image also flattens the layers.)

Here's the image I want (Appearing in photoshop)

defaulta2dd92qm3qva_0-1622052240674.png

And here's the image when I save it as a PNG. (I believe this is actually a background layer for an older version of the file, however, since then I have created a new file out of a PNG from the old file which only has one layer.)

defaulta2dd92qm3qva_1-1622052305045.png

True I could probably just crop the screen capture to get the picture I want and call it a day, but I would like to know how to fix this issue if it occurs in the future, plus I'm worried about the cropped screen capture not looking as good.

Please let me know if you have any idea what might be causing this issue. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No doubt there are better ways of doing this and others will join in, but in the meantime, you can use the Quick Selection Tool in turn in each square and fill them with your desired colour – I've done a few squares to show.

squares.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines