• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving to normal jpg

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some events I can take 100s if not 1000s of photos! Before the latest update when I wanted to safe I would click ctrl S and after selecting jpg (Not jpg2000) as the option the once, each time I saved it would go straight to save a jpg. Now I have drop down and save as jpg everytime???? Also once saved I could press ctrl W and it would go! Now everytime it asks if I want to save as? where I click no as I have already saved as what I want it as! It has added a lot of extra time on my editing!!!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jpeg file format specification does not support 16 bit depth, layers of any kind, transparency or alpha channels.

If your file has any of these properties, it cannot save directly, but goes to Save A Copy where these properties are removed.

If the file already conforms to the jpeg spec, Save / Save As is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up the JPEG format as you for quick export insted of PNG and then set up a shortcut for quick export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any link how to do this??  At first it didn't even show normal (To me) jpg only the 2000. but someone pointed me in that direction! 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Settings > Export

Choose JEPG for quick export with the wanted level of compression

Capture d’écran 2024-04-15 à 14.38.07.png

Save close and re open Photoshop.

Go to Edit > Shortcuts > Exportation

Capture d’écran 2024-04-15 à 15.30.13.png

Type the shortcut it in the box, add it and save.

Then each time you will use this shortcut it will save as a JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the first page and thats how mine is set! I can find the second one!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second is under menu Edit > Shortcuts (at the bottom).  excuse my french…

Capture d’écran 2024-04-15 à 15.29.52.png

You have to select Menus on the drop down and then Exportation > Quick export under … should mention JPG if you have change the presest already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines