• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[SOLVED] Photoshop 21.2 freezes after closing files

Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I close files in Photoshop, Photoshop becomes unresponsive for about 3 seconds untils I can click anything again (menus, buttons ...). So If I want to close several images, I always have to wait for 3 seconds before I can close the next one. I went back to 21.0 but the problem seems to persist. So it might have to do with the recent Windows 10 2004 update. I'll investigate. But the weird thing is, that the problem only happens in Photoshop. No other apllications seem to be affected.

Edit: It wasn't the Windows Update either. It must have to do something with files. If I create a new image and immediately close it again, it's quick as usual. So it only happens when I work with physical files. I tried different harddisks, and it's the same on all drives. So it might not be harddisk related.

SOLVED: It was the Fontbase plugin that was installed without my knowledge when I installed Fontbase. Removing it from the Plugins directory solved the issue. I'll inform the creator. I'll also leave this thread online in case somebody experiences a similar problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

It got me so frustrated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a life saver 🙂 Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, you saved my mental health

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this literally eliminates 10-20 seconds of *&$#! each time i touch photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU!!!!!  I literally created an account JUST to say thank you brother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines