• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solving files association with the cc2019 update, my solution and it finally worked.

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so regedit for associating ai and psd files to cc2019 and not XD or anything else :

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.ai\OpenWithList

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.psd\OpenWithList

for both double click the default (mine were just blank), of course before doing this check that the paths to the exe are the same than mine.

in the value data for illustrator copy paste this : "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe" "%1"

in the value data for photoshop copy paste this : "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe" "%1"

see images underneath :

cc2019solve.jpg

cc2019solve2.jpg

and now my psd and ai files are associated with cc2019 hope this will help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and for the record :

cc2019solve3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't seem to work for me, but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I'm SO jealous of your happy face picture! lol Unfortunately I'm not well versed with the registry and have no IT team here....I'm weary to try to do this myself but this issue is seriously disrupting my workflow

In anyone's opinion, do you think Adobe will resolve this issue with an update? Or am I just stuck....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

SOLUTION HERE, yayyyy

Hi everyone,

In the registry, find the address: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.psd and change the default value to Photoshop.Image.20 (mine was Photoshop.Image.19)

Just need to figure out how to change it for a .psb file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the %1 for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is being investigated by Adobe engineers now. In the meantime, try this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/file-association-broken-psd-after-photoshop-cc-2015-on-windows....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines