• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something For The Weekend - Part 100 - Centenary celebration!

Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is our 100th "Something For The Weekend" challenge and, given all the amazing, funny, and occasionally downright bizarre, ideas that you have put forward in the previous 99 challenges, I thought we should commemorate the occasion.  So I've made you plinth with some small fountains (using Blender 3D and Adobe Substance).

What will you put up there, in keeping with the spirit of SFTW, to celebrate this centenary challenge?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. It also would be great to see all those who have taken part in the previous challenges come and take part in this one.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW100Fountain.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000 !   I might have given up by then !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that hard to believe, Dave: you will have much more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonder what forum that will be on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loosing my head.....Chana_loosing my head.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chana

Nice job with the  sky replacement and a suitably surreal image for SFTW 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I recognise those icebergs from SFTW part 62 and the door from part 58 :-).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may contain traces of nutsmay contain traces of nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham - good job matching the lighting on the hand to that on the plinth. The shadow on the fountain wall (inside the existing shadow) needs to be masked though 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be getting old mate

100-View-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's the thing.  When I heard this was going to have four fountains I pictured Terry Pratchett's Disk World with a turtle, but maybe not the elephants, and the Disk World supported on top.  When I saw the starter image the fountains were not what I'd seen in my mind's eye, so I had to add them myself.  They ultimately got hidden a bit by the water falling off the edge of the disk (which took bloddy ages!) but the thought was there.

Disk World.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Nice idea and nice job on the water. In the original I kept the water very low in the simulation as I didn't want to give folk an awkward masking job trying to mask water droplets 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In the original I kept the water very low in the simulation"

Ah, Dave, that made me spot their eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was extremely kind of you, Dave to not make us mask the water droplets and allow us to concentrate fully on the perspective, shadows, and refraction challenge! 😊

I had a turtle that lived for 35 years. It wasn't quite as big, though. Nice flat earth, Trevor! That ship looks perilously close to falling off the edge, though...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love it Trevor, and you gave me an idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manneken Pis from Belgium Travel Advisor

Week100.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great twist on a very famous statue Rista 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We visited a city in Germany where every so often there is a little boy on top of a fountain who pees for 5 minutes then stops.  I think it goes on and off every 15 to 20 minutes.  Who says Germans do not have a sense of humor???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder who thinks that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, Rista, it reminds of when all the guys on a hike climb up on a boulder and turn their backs to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never hiked with guys like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines