• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend ?

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We spend a lot of time on the forum asking questions and helping each other out, quite rightly, as that is the purpose of the forum.

However, given the excellent range of skills across our forum users - how about a bit of fun and a chance to show off your Photoshop skills.

This is one of my favourite bits of coastline in the North East of England. I wonder what it might look like in the future though. With global warming will the sea rise or fall? Will the coast be developed , might the castle be restored/ or removed and replaced with something else?

Anything goes as long as it keeps to the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop "Grand Master".

No prizes - just the chance to practice / show off or  bring a bit of humour and fun!

Dunstanburgh.jpg

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had about ten minutes this morning before I jumped into my daily duties

Lighting is complete trash haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to take a slightly more positive view of the weather than WILDCAT54 . I do worry about the development though

DunstanburghEdit.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew you were from the UK as soon as I saw your heading "Something for the weekend?". Does anyone outside of the UK know the origin of this term?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone from the states, I interpreted "Something for the weekend?" as "need something to do this weekend?".

Got a good laugh after googling its meaning haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it went with getting a haircut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't possibly comment Derek

I'm surprised that this has been going for a few hours now and we've had no death stars and laser beams from Trevor.Dennis​ . Then again I forget the time difference in NZ.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've only just got up.  Let me have a cup of tea at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I _still_ haven't had that cup of tea!  Which is probably why I have decided to nuke your arses

I am hoping against hope, that the motherboard for my new build will have turned up after the Christmas break, and I need to rebuild my desk to make room for the giant Cosmos II case, so I will be offline most of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha Trevor - you never disappoint

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Dave.  No more takers?  That's disappointing.  Normally a poster only has to hint at a 'how to do this effect', or any post that involves the actual use of Photoshop, and there are a flood of responses.   As you can see, I am (sort of) up and running, but I have a world record mess here, with bits of desk, monitors, stands, and various computer bits all over the place, so it is going to be most of today before I am able to sit down and play.  Meanwhile, I'll bump your thread, and see if we can scare up a few more attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slightly more gloomy view about the future

weekend.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - at least the sky is still blue Terri. It  looks like the water's coming up though. We'll need all those power stations to charge the electric cars - I hope it it's going to be windy overnight

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like fun!!!2016-05-01 13.43.34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chana

That looks a lovely place and it would be nice to see the coast look like that. The idea though  is to use Photoshop (or any other tools) to change the photo in the first post - if you did that and ended up with your photo I'm very impressed

Hi Trevor - good to see your system is running. I'll have to pass you a file with a 3D layer so we can compare render times.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hi Trevor - good to see your system is running. I'll have to pass you a file with a 3D layer so we can compare render times.

Dave

Still using the 3930K system Dave.  I'm just getting ready for the new one which has a bigger case, and would not have fitted into my work area.  I'm also using it as an opportunity to tidy it up and hopefully reduce the number of cables.  I've just looked under the desk, and ca see 30 power sockets!  They use three wall outlets, and most of them drive 12V 1.5 amp power adapters.  The new build has a 1200W PSU so I am going to use the computer to power a lot of the externals like hard drives (I have eight).  I'll also mount the surge protector multi socket boards onto a panel on the wall at the back of the desk.

BTW  I was not able to help myself, and started a new SFTW composite, but my hastily plugged in tablet wasn't playing nicely, and it was being hard work. I'll get to it later if things go well, but you would not believe the chaos here, and in the interests of domestic harmony, I need to be straight before Chris gets back from work (in nine hours time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps to encourage a bit more participation we need to introduce some merit awards.

I was thinking along the lines of:

- The Trevor.Dennis award for the image that uses the most brushes.

- The Terri.Stevens award for any image could be remotely used in advertising (although that could also result in disqualification for taking it too seriously).

- The norman.sanders award for use of the Lab color mode.

- The D.Fosse award for correct use of colour (any colour!).

- The davescm award for sneaking in a 3D render.

I'm sure we will think of others......

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I learned that if you place text inside a Shape and Free Transform it, weird stuff happens.

BTW I do have a lot of brush sets, but I mostly use about a dozen, and I tend to make brushes on the fly for special purposes, and I don't always save them.   What I like about the prizes is that I only need give away a few brush sets, but Dag has to gift an uber expensive Eizo monitor.  Yep, that works for me.

BTW again, does anyone else think that the swimmer looks like Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave's far more toned than that, more in the Arnold Schwarzenegger mould, but there is a passing resemblance. I suppose your flying the Sopwith Camel Trevor? Shouldn't it be the New Zealand flag though. As you throw everything, but the kitchen sink into your images-how about Jason and the Argonauts in the background and a Cyclops about to pick up the chubby Frenchman who looks like Dave? I imagine a 60ft tall giant might need extra large condoms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

I imagine a 60ft tall giant might need extra large condoms

I was trying to get the thread back on topic Terri.  I was going to do two images.  One with the channel swimmer gag, and another 'something for the weekend', but time was short so I combined them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

BTW again, does anyone else think that the swimmer looks like Dave?

Haha - I'll get my speedos..... 

Just a few miles down the coast from that picture there is an event on 26 December each year - called the boxing day dip. You can imagine the air and sea temperatures in the North East of England mid winter....!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave stamp.jpgdave-letter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Derek - I finally get to join royalty on a stamp . I am sure the subtlety of "letters" is not lost either .....

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good Derek I like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entry for the Trevor Dennis school of very weird artistic thinking.

dave design.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines