• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specifik Color change

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ive been using photoshop for a few months, just as a hobby. and trying to evolve with it. got stuck on a image i wanna change to color on. so anyone could shed some ligth on how to change all the green variations here to red instead?

s-l500.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image> Adjustments> Replace Color

Use the color picker within the replace color panel, select the greens while holding down shift.

Towards the bottom you can choose the color you would like to replace it with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is its gets pixliated. and if i choose to much the whole image gets messed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fig_.png

Lab Color Mode. a Channel curve. No brushwork.

If this begins on a duplicate layer, a simple mask will warm the specular whites.

(Note the flipped gray scales)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never used lab mode, is it hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lab Color Mode is different from RGB and CMYK. It consists of three channels: L (Lightness, controls tone), the a channel (which governs the magenta and green, and b channel (which governs yellow and blue), Lab has unique advantages, one of which is that it permits you to change a color separate from tonal scale. It is also an additional source for masks that allows you to minimize or completely eliminate brushwork. Although the L channel in Curves responds as you might expect, learning to control the  a and the  b  channels will be a new experience for you. If you are patient and have a desire to learn Lab Color, I could recommend a book to you.

In the example below, the a channel provided the basis for a mask. A simple curve change (in one channel) completed the job. No brushwork at all. Total time, about 3 minutes.

fig.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is amazing, playing around with it, what bothers me now is that the parts that has red in them in the original image goes green when the gas goes read, but i guess that could be worked around with masks and stuff, as said, this is just a hobby and sure ive come along way from when i started but i have so much still to learn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fear not. You can probably retain the color in any parts of the image with a few dabs on the mask. And don't sweat having a lot to learn. Each of us was a beginner at one time. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s-l500 color change test.pngHere's my first try with LAB colors and a layer mask on the original file  to get back the original read parts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it solved the problem, take a bow.

If you would like to receive a brief introduction to Lab Color, I could send you a four-page pdf I wrote for my students. It was distributed during the three-hour hands-on seminar on the subject. Send a personal message to me with your email address and I'll get it to you. (The book devoted to the subject that I would recommend runs almost 400-pages.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines