• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange printing issues

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really arent sure where to start with this so will try to keep it brief.

If i print direct from photoshop i am getting like a haze/blur around text, mainly on black text.
If i save a file in photoshop with text on, as a jpeg, then put it into word on a label for example, it still prints with that haze.

But if i open a word document, write something and print it then it is fine.

Test pages etc for the printer are all crystal clear and fine.

So i can only assume it is something within photoshop that is causing this?

Tearing my hair out, any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a Photoshop question, not a RoboHelp Printed Documentation question. RoboHelp is another Adobe product. I will move your post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, im new here, my mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you print from photoshop, your text is actually an image - not text. When you print a text document, the resolution is much higher for the text. When you print text from Illustrator or Word, it prints at 1200ppi. When you print from Photoshop it will print at whatever the image is set to - 300ppi? I might not have the numbers right, maybe someone else can explain it better.

What is the size of the image and the ppi in Photoshop?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been doing the same kind of printing with the same processes etc for about 5 years and nothing has changed but this all of a sudden has started happening so it cant be anything to do with ppi/sizes etc surely x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could print a template we have set up for an A5 invoice for example and it will be distorted, or we can print a 60x30mm image onto a label, a template we have had set up for years, and it is distorted.
Nothing has changed other than the print if in black is rubbish! It cant be the printer as we are printing fine from everything else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats your texts anti-aliasing method set to?

Here's an example of each setting

Notice the drastic difference from none to smooth or strong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried all of those and nothing changes it! 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines