• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 could not be launched.

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the following error when trying to the use the "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" function in Lightroom CC 2015.5.

The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 could not be launched.

Rebooted my iMac ( macOS Sierra) and updated to Photoshop CC 2017.

The error is now:

The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 could not be launched.

This completely breaks Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC integration.

I uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom CC 2015.7 and Photoshop CC 2017. Now instead of the error, nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

The dot release fixed the issues for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khürt,

Now that you have reinstalled both Apps,The App settings are still the same,I would recommend you to restore Photoshop and Lightroom App Preferences.

Refer Preferences in Photoshop  for Ps and Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6  for Lr.

Though, this is a known issue and I see you have already participated in the Community Lightroom 6.7: Opening photos in Photoshop from Lightroom using Edit In does not work correctly for ...​

What happens if you use "Merge" command in Lightroom when Photoshop is open in the background?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I keep Photoshop open before using any of the "Merge to .... in Photoshop" functions the images open for editing in Photoshop CC 2017.

However, that is not a workable solution as that is now how the feature is advertised to work and I don't want to develop muscle memory for a workaround. Frankly, once I start doing that, how will I know when the issue is resolved?

I certainly don't want Adobe thinking that the workaround fixes the issue and close this ticket.

By the way, re-installing both app wiped out all of my export presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said:-

I got the following error when trying to the use the "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" function in Lightroom CC 2015.5

Please update Lr to CC 2015.7 from the CC App,Ignore if already up-to-date.

Did you actually reset the Preferences as I mentioned in my earlier post.

The Photoshop Family  Thread Lightroom 6.7: Opening photos in Photoshop from Lightroom using Edit In does not work correctly for ...   is the updated one and you can follow it for regular updates on this issue.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already using LR CC 2015.7. Have been for a while. Reset the preferences.

But ... none of these actions resolves the issue. Why am I doing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me be clear. When I reported the issue on November 13th I had not yet un-installed and re-installed Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. However, once I had done that -- later in the day -- I of course had that latest versions. Which, do not resolve the issue.

Akash Sharma, can I please get someone on the phone. These forum updates do feel like tech support. They feel like a brush off and a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... where are we with this? The problem still exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open and merge commands in Lr do open in Ps when Ps is open in the background. Only get 'could not launch' error when Ps is not already open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that how the software is supposed to operate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure of this helps but ..

I have a 2013 27" iMac with a 3.5 GHz i7 processor and 32GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB of VRAM, running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 withe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We Apologize for the inconvenience caused. This issue is being worked upon.

To contact customer care via Call/Chat. Please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html​

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I get to this point ... nothing happens.

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 9.25.06 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I borrowed my wife's woefully underpowered 2013 i5 MacBook Air with 4GB of RAM, copied some RAW files to an external hard drive, and installed the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. Except for how long it takes before seeing the error, I get the same error.

"The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 could not be launched."

So the problem can't be attributed to hardware. From the forum posts it seems it's happening to Windows users as well.

The MacBook Air doesn't have enough resources to efficiently process the 9 image panorama so ... gotta wait until I get home to do any work on this.

Hopefully this is resolved soon. I can't work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got tech support tree. Got a call back. But then after ringing for 20 minutes, Adobe hung up the call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Sent you a Private message. Please check.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find this private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No private message in Inbox.

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 12.51.48 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering that when my subscription expires, that I will not renew my LR CC and Photoshop CC. I also have On1 and when the On1 Photo Raw is released I'll just use that. I'll be a learning curve afte 10 years of using Adobe software but ... sometimes one has to rip the bandaid off of a festering wound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me, Windows 10 64 Pro. Yet another instance of broken, dysfunctional Adobe software. Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Looking for Adobe to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes I am having the same issue with Lightroom 6.7 (not the cc version) and Photoshop CS 6.

I just downloaded new versions of each and then this issue appeared.

previously I was using Lightroom 5.4

The issue is the "Edit In" option shows a greyed out photoshop link.

So I am dead in the water as well.

I assume this is the same issue as other people are having with Lightroom CC.

Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and even worse. No matter I open Photoshop or not before exporting files as Ps layers from Lr, I get this message after a long run wait.

My system is i7 windows10, 16gb ram, 512g SSD desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of trial and error , i started eliminateing each of the elements that could be an issue. Also note I was running CS6 32 , so decided to reload lightroom 6.7, this did not fix the issue, so then i reloaded PS again and loaded both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. The reload seems to have corrected most of my problems. The lightroom, "edit in photoshop" function now works.as well as merge to pano etc

However, another issue, seems to have been introduced where all of the windows file security (ACL's) settings  are all screwed. I can only get lightroom and CS6 (PS) to work if i execute them in Admin mode. I tried reloading PS several times and same security  issue re-appears. But this is another issue than original issue above. Note running windows 10 on a desk top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is resolved by making a change in registry.

I don't know about Mac OS, but if your operation system is Windows, you might want to try my solution.

This is what I did: Open your regedit, and find out a key named Enable LUA. Which should be in HKLM>SOFTWARE>Michrosoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>System. The key value set to 0, then everything is just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines