• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read all topics about this problem and tried all solutions. Some helped but only in specific scenarios they are no options for me. There was not mentioned (at least for me) REAL cause of this error so I am creating new topic. I hope it is more helpful...

All proposed default Ps workspaces have tools panels docked to left margin of screen. It is why they let you to open files in normal size. When you dock your Tools panel to right margin of screen all is okey too. Any panel, however docked or not to any other or margin does not make difference. All works still good. Problem occurs only when you undock your Tools panel from left/right margin of screen. If you move it few centimeters from left margin all is still fine, but always when you move it farer to right side of screen (and from up) an created/opened document will minimalize its size due to Tools panel distance from left screen margin. If additionally you dock your Tools panel to any other panel that is not docked to left/right margin of screen (but moved to specific location in your Ps workspace) error is going to occur while creating/opening document.

This is of course bug! The only I can do is to turn off Tools panel what is ridicolous solution or else dock it to right Ps screen margin what doesn't satisfy me too for reason It covers too much space along with other panels I keep as small as possible.

This is my first day with CC 19.1. So far i used CS6 for few years. From that I read prior CC versions doesn't have this bug yet.

Since I use specific panels location I can't work with this bug. I'm going to use CS6 until next CC update that fix this problem.

That's really funny first action, opening file I did in newest Ps after relocating panels (including Tools) ended up with error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

This should be fixed now in Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4). Crossing fingers that you still don't see it Marek. Let us know.

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah, it works!  Thank you!  Please don't break it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly HAS'NT been fixed. Adobe continueing to take our money and sit on their hands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this. it was driving me crazy. i am finding that none of the adobe "workspace" schemes really work. they always come back crazy and its been an issue for a long time.  how hard could it be to program a set of tool configurations that are stable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in 2022...I keep getting this error message. Windows 11, latest Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am still having this issue.  Latest update of photoshop and lightroom CC.  Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue on a Mac with Ps v25 when I ask LrC v13 to open in Ps 2024 as a smart object.

I have received both warnings;

1. Could not open...

2. Could not open, don't open as tabs...

I have uninstalled v25 and reinstalled it and the problem persists.
This is so frustrating, I still have to use v24 and the Ps Beta to get the same functionality as others have in v25.

This must be a rare bug since there are not many upvotes on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines