• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool has extremely poor performance

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Photoshop 22.1.1, very latest release.  Over the years, editing type in Photoshop has always been kind of poor compared to other programs, but what I'm experiencing now is very different.  One thing that happens over and over, even while carefully testing and watching is that any word with two consecutive letters is likely to miss the 2nd letter.  For example, if I type "Food", it'll type "Fod".  It's doing this over and over.  Also, it is not responding well to the arrow keys, especially when using a key modifier to select an entire word, or to move the cursor faster.  I'm really frustrated with Adobe at this point.  I used to say that Adobe software was the most stable, most perfect, most amazing software I've ever used.  That was true for decades.  But over the last 5 or more years, I'm finding bugs all the time.  Even as soon as I install a new update and launch the program, I find bugs now.  This software is just too expensive to be dealing with these kinds of problems.  I'm at the point now where I actually can't trust it.  The software is making mistakes and I may not notice them.  The last thing I want to do is go chasing after some alternative programs because I know that Adobe is still the best, but I also can't have this kind of situation where when I type a word, it just misspells the word on it's own, or when I make a selection, the selection has some kind of bizarre flaw in it. That's what I'm dealing with right now with Photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Hi

It's not happening to me. I can think of a couple of things to try:

• Reset the Type tool: Right-click the Type tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and choose Reset tool
  • Try a different typeface
  • Reset preferences after backing up customization: Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit

Also, what language are you using?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's not happening to me. I can think of a couple of things to try:

• Reset the Type tool: Right-click the Type tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and choose Reset tool
  • Try a different typeface
  • Reset preferences after backing up customization: Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit

Also, what language are you using?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  Resetting the preferences fixed the problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Kuttyjoe. I'm glad it's working now. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines