Copied

Desktop specs:

ASUS Desktop PC G11GB_G11CD Series

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 driver version 23.21.13.9124

Windows 10 x64 Version 1709 (16299.334)

Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.2

Wacom Intuos 4 tablet - Latest driver version 6.3.29-4

Those were the Windows updates installed since the last time I used Photoshop last Monday:

- Security update for Adobe Flash Player: March 13, 2018

- March 13, 2018—KB4088776 (OS Build 16299.309)

- March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)

Everything was working fine last Monday (better than ever actually). Now, when I use some functionalities like going back in the history panel, changing the pen size or zooming, I get a strange behavior after. I noticed 2 different behaviors.

Behavior 1: The brush or the eraser stops working for a while (the time varies, some seconds to maybe 30 seconds). When I have this behavior, the scroll bars on the right panel also stops working (brushes, history, etc.). It looks like Photoshop can process the pen click and the drag, but not a sliding/drawing movement.

Behavior 2: The pen (in brush mode) is moving the canvas. It moves the canvas a little and when I stop my movement, it returns it to its original position. When I have this behavior, the move tool is doing a selection instead of a move. It's like Photoshop tools are all messed up.

Changing back and forth the UI to a different workspace (Painting, Essential, etc.) seems to fix the issue, until I use one of the "faulty" function again.

If I use the mouse instead of the pen, I don't have those issues, so it's related to the tablet/pen or Ink. Not to Photoshop in general.

I tried resetting my preferences, resetting the tools, tried different brushes, hard-rebooting the computer. It's all the same. I tried loading without plugin, disabling the use of the graphic card drivers, etc. No fixing. I played around with my tablet settings, but nothing's there. As for Ink settings, there is nothing much I can do there, unless there is some secret hidden setting I don't know about.

When I use my faithful old Photophop CS5, I don't have the issue, so it's not a tablet malfunction.

I also have Photophop CC 2018 on my 2-in-1 HP Spectre with pen (that also has the latest Windows 10 updates and the latest GeForce graphic drivers). I have some of the issues as well. I zoomed in and the pen was locked in move mode. Since the laptop doesn't have a Wacom tablet, we can remove Wacom in the picture. We can also remove the computer itself. We're down to Photoshop, Windows 10 and GeForce.

Laptop specs:

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1xx

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 driver version 23.21.13.9124

Windows 10 x64 Version 1709 (16299.334)

Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, you should re-enable windows update, as Microsoft has produced a fix to their previous code that broke painting : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same thing, and it's annoying as all hell. I've restored back to previous versions (prior to update) and it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Uninstalling recent Windows Update KB4089848 helps. Unfortunately I have to block windows update function for this to work. I am using Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 with two pens. Both of them have this issue in Adobe Photoshop after recent Windows update. Trying to draw but instead the pen is moving the canvas and side button works as left mouse button (but in other apps it works as right one). !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing I pause the updates until Microsoft figures what's up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and it was driving me absolutely nuts until I read through one of these forums and someone linked to this article. I realize the problem is different but the solution to that problem fixed my problem for me. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that uninstalling the KB4089848 update seems to fix the issues. That's what I've done on the laptop.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been having the same issue with Photoshop using my Wacom mobile studio pro. It's really annoying and I hope this issue gets resolved soon. In the mean time I've been able to at least transfer all my digital art into other programs successfully and I'm having no issues with using my pen's functionality then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- just when I managed to delete old windows cache

- right when I have the motivation to do something

- and that something is for artclass...

... annoying as hell... are not the right words...

f-n win ink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmisHmasH  wrote

f-n win ink

Are you saying that you know this is related to the Windows Ink API?  That's interesting, and might explain why I have not had the issue as I use WinTab.  If that is the case, then people don't need to roll back Windows.  They can use the WinTab script and uncheck Windows Ink in Wacom Preferences.

Turn off Windows Ink

And enable WinTab.  Note this thread dates back to CC2014, and you need to change the folder accordingly.

Re: Windows Ink and Photoshop 2014

If anyone finds this fixes things for them please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have mobile studio pro, it has a different setup in the Wacom preferences than the intuos.msp image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinTab doesn't work for me with Photoshop CC 2018.I use it for the older softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed mine!

So I was in the bunch of people who stopped the windows update completely, though (whether this was the cause for future events, not sure) my Laptop ended up 'bricking', as I could not load boot. When I fresh installed Windows, I went and updated it again (to the most updated) including photoshop and it worked fine, UNTIL the most recent update KB4099989 (including most updated wacom drivers 6.3.29-4), then it occured again. What a pain!

Went back and did this PSUserConfig.txt and it's back to it's former self, so thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, turning off windows ink didn't help for me,

as it also turned off the pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solely use my Wacom mobile studio pro tablet, how do I go and revert back from the windows update to get my styles working proper again? When I zoom into the document, rather than painting a line, it moves the canvas instead. I need to fix this for work. Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled the latest update to windows 10 version (KB4089848) and bam, back to working perfectly. It fixed the errors. Hopefully Windows fixes this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im still getting the issues despite going back and forth uninstalling the Windows update (KB4089848) but it seems theres been a further Windows update since and now I cant use Photoshop AGAIN and it is driving me mad. I cant get work done. Adobe - are you coming up with a fix for the new version of Windows?? I cant keep preventing my PC from updating because surely that's going to cause more issues in the long run? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue after update :

April 10, 2018—KB4093112

After losing about 3 hours of my life I found this on the Microsoft website.
Hope it works for you as well:

After applying KB4093112, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen.

You can resolve this issue using the following steps:

1. From Start, search for cmd
  2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  4. Press Enter

After the command executes, the issue with panning and scrolling should be resolved.

Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perlap37966506: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was literally searching for an answer to this problem for almost 6 months now, and I just started using flash again after temporarily stopping due to this problem. I spent probably around 5 hours today searching around for ways to solve this issue, and after seeing this response, I can truly say that it does work. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it worked for you as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you! It seems that my pen works even better than before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great news! Glad it worked for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! There are a few fixes for this:

1- Uninstall KB4089848 like I've said earlier

2- Install the Insider version (the official answer from Adobe): Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

3- The registry option provided by perlap37966506 : Re: Unwanted behavior with pen after using some functionalities

4- For Wacom users: In the Wacom property, set the tip of the pen to "Right clic" instead of "Clic". It will work with Photoshop but it might cause problems in other softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you should re-enable windows update, as Microsoft has produced a fix to their previous code that broke painting : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huzzah!

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines