• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Nikon Z5 images shot with a non CPU lens.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I've had a monthly pay account for Adobe Lightroom Classic, for the past 6 years. 14 months ago I added a Nikon Z5, my first mirrorless, to my Nikon equipment. I use a 2011 Macbook Pro 13 inch, I installed a 1TB SSD and doubled the memory to 2 x 4GB, a while back,  it runs really well for my needs, it's never slow and is still in great condition. But I can't now upload images taken with any of my Nikkor manual lenses if shot on my Nikon Z5. It seems it's because I can only run earlier Adobe on earlier IOS. I can't go beyond Mac OS HIGH SIERRA on this machine and in turn that is affecting my version of Lightroom. Is there a work around that avoids buying a new computer when mine is doing fine? I'd be looking at £1900 to buy new, rather spend that on photography hardware.  Any insight is very appreciated, and needed. Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have anything to do with lenses.

You need Lightroom Classic version 9.4 or above for Z5 support. What LrC version are you running now? What is the highest version offered by the CC app that still has compatibility with your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying. From my research there was a problem with Adobe Lightroom Classic and the Z5 when used with non CPU lenses. That problem was addressed but that firmware update is later than that which I can run on High Sierra. My existing Lightroom Classic says it's 9.4 Release, Camera Raw 12.4

All my D, G and Z Nikkor lenses are fine, the NEF files can be uploaded and read in Lightroom Classic, it's just the ai, aisand pre ai lenses that can't be converted.

What I'm looking for is a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. Maybe it's connected to the fact that Nikon lens profiles are embedded in the original file, and for some Nikon models that can't be disabled in LrC. So perhaps LrC reads the file as faulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've identified it perfectly, I may be able to work with that information so I thank you. From other sources I've read that the NEF file needs to be converted and Lightroom is unable to do that. Is there another way of converting those files with other software and if so what would they need to be converted to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you could try to convert to DNG. No idea if it will work, but worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines