• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom pen pressure issue, possible solution.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reference to this thread someone had posted, I had has the EXACT same issue, and have gone through long hours of my own troubleshooting.

The problem:

Whilst drawing in either photshop or SAI, the pen pressure sensitivity would just randomly fail and draw solid thick lines as if drawn with the mouse.

See image:

f_13ef_a61_uaso9.jpg

What I also learned, is that once the pressure sensitivity falls out, it doesnt recover until I lift the pen away from the tablet, and then back again, as seen in the following pic:

f_13ef_79b_uaso9.jpg

Sometimes it would fail on the 2nd brush stroke, others on the 100th. It's completely random.

What I have tried to fix the problem:

Complete removal of drivers and Bamboo dock, then fresh install from the bundled disc.

Complete removal of drivers and Bamboo dock, then fresh installation from the lates driver download (PenTablet_532-1)

Updated nVidia drivers.

Updated motherboard drivers.

Tried differnet USB ports.

Remove ALL existing USB devices from PC except the tablet.

Tried various tablet driver revisions from the download page.

Disabled press and hold right click.

Disabled buttons on the stylus.

Disabled buttons on the tablet.

I always have the touch feature disabled.

Changed nibs.

Even then, no luck. Lastly I decided to start ending proccesses in task manager one by one to see if there was perhaps a conflict.

The pressure sensistivity would fail ALWAYS within 30 seconds of drawing. So my method was as follows:

End a proccess. Draw a pic. One by one. I have an IT backround so I have knowledge of which proccesses are safe to close etc.

Each attempt the pressure sensitivity would fail well within 60 seconds. Until I hit a proccess called "ouc.exe".

After ending this proccess I have now gone a full day of drawing without this issue. I Googled said proccess and leanred it is an online updater for my USB 3G Modem.

My only guess here is since both the 3G modem and my tablet both use USB there is some sort of driver conflict. May there are intervals in which ouc.exe attempts to check for updates which then might just kick the tablet at that moment.

I will repost a report back here after a full week of testing.

Hope all those people with this issue just all happened to have 3G modems, and this this post somewhat helped.

I am now running the latest driver for the tablet, and latest display driver for my gcard. Bamboo dock is also up to date.

So for me, this was NOT a driver related problem.

My device is a Wacom Bamboo Create.

Please excuse any typos, I always try to type too fast.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting a possible solution for the pressure problem.  If this indeed turns out to be the ouc.exe conflict I urge you to drop a note to Wacom and outline the problem and your findings.  They will most likely look into it and see if it is an isolated incident or a problem to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've been having the same problem....

I looked in my Task Manager, but couldn't find "ouc.exe". 

I'm drawing on a Cintiq with a Windows 8 machine...Any ideas?

Cheers, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you guys found solutions to your problems but I discovered that turning Tip Double Click Distance off in my pen settings got rid of this problem for me.  I just turned it off for drawing programs, I never used the pen for double clicking in them anyway.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "Touch" on my Cintiq 27QHD for Mac was the trick for using the pen in Illustrator. Also, the newest updates of the Wacom drivers completely disable "Touch" in general. The older version 6.3.17-5 was the Mac driver that allowed Touch to work again with the tablet on a MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DaveRab, thank you thank you thank you! For months now, I've been having a crazy issue that's been driving me nuts, and your solution (dragging the the "tip double click distance" slider to the "off" value) has solved it!!!!! - while not the same issue as the one the original poster had, I'm stating my problem here so that at least some people can find the solution while searching it on google.

The problem? I have an intuos4 medium and use macOS Sierra (so the solution of disabling the microsoft windows pen&input features wasn't relevant for me). When trying to draw a curve, the first stroke (head/initial/beginning of the curve) would always come out as linear segment/straight line. As if the position of the stylus was not sampled frequently enough, or the computer was having hiccups/lagging. As long as the pen stayed on the tablet, the rest of the stroke would be just fine though, so it was related to the initial contact of the pen with the tablet.

setting the "tip double click distance" to "off" did the trick!

(I hope this helps somebody)

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 06.07.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a Cintiq 21 UX 2010 on windows 8.1 64bit, and have had some issues with jittery lines in PScs6 myself. The jittery lines could be solved by simply installing older drivers. pro636-3 worked fine.

Now I have just had a new problem, not unlike yours. When I draw a line it sometimes jumps to max pessure at the start and then stays at max level for the whole line. I did many strokes to test. Sometimes pressure worked normally, sometimes not. I tested with different drawing speeds and happened to notice that, only if I hesitated at the start of the stroke, or tried to draw very carefully, it jumped to max. I checked everything, reinstalled drivers, etc. Here is what worked for me:

The problem must have been some odd interactions between tablet, photoshop and windows-native pen/touch settings. Tablet and PScs6 both worked fine. It was the windows pen/touch that distorted the dynamics. Go to these Options and check both Boxes below here:

PressAndHold01.png

Then go to "PRESS AND HOLD" and Disable everything! (I think this is the most important part, where the tablet freaks out).

Double-Tap-Settings.jpg

Then go to the Double-Tap Settings. What works for me is setting the first slider to the max-right; the second slider to the max-left.

I think I got the problem in the first place, because I meddled with the settings here to try something and forgot about it. Never had that problem before. I'll update if anything goes wrong again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks hannesayayay‌ - that's definitely helped. I'd originally disabled everything with regard to the press and hold window on first install, but the Spatial Tolerance setting has almost entirely fixed the problem. I'd been painting lots of thin lines and would have full thickness lines appearing that would be two or three steps back in the brush's History - the one time a heavy line has appeared since changing those settings it was the last item in the history, thankfully. If the problem returns will try to find the time to follow ThePeachGuy‌'s procedure - I don't have the ouc.exe process running on the problem machine. (Intuos 5)

EDIT 22/7/15: OK, it helped for about a minute. Unfortunately the problem returned, but was definitely occurring less often, and only one step previous. Solution that does work, and also makes sense that it does is, is Martin Sch‌'s solution here: Re: CS6 and Wacom IntuosPro: during brush stroke input randomly fat, full lines appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh thank you so much!!!!! Saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! So THAT was the problem. Months i had this strange issue, searched through internet, no success. I was a little desperate, almost wanted to reinstall the complete systems. Thje ouc.exe was the problem for me! You solved it! Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything suggested here but unfortunately nothing worked.

However I solved the problem by disabling the right click in the Wacom tablet setting UNDER "Application: Photoshop."

I posted this in a new thread here at the Adobe forum:

CS6 and Wacom IntuosPro: during brush stroke input randomly fat, full lines appear.

7/22/2015 edit. Additional information:

To make it easier for anybody with a similar problem and for not having to jump to another thread,

here are the settings that helped me get rid of the problem of fat lines or odd line creations

Wacom settings.jpg

Wacom IntuosPro Windows7 64 bit CS6 Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue!!! I had tried everything above your comment and it did not work. Why in the world would Wacom add this option and set it to default!!! So much pain!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every possible solution listed in these forums and nothing has worked. I have an Wacom Intuos 5 using with Photoshop CC 2015, it is literally becoming so bad that I can barely paint!

Does anyone know of a definitive solution to what is going on?! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the latest Intuos driver. Open Wacom Tablet Properties, then switch to the "Mapping" tab. Uncheck the box in the bottom left that says "Use Windows Ink." If you're on Windows 8 or 10, this may be the solution to your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Tip for Windows pen-tablet-settings is also working for my Aiptek tablet in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions here are working for me.  The problem started randomly and now seems to be permanent.  This makes photoshop practically useless for me.  Very frustrating!!!  I have an Intuos4 medium tablet with the latest driver and the latest version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clintd19345331 wrote:

None of the suggestions here are working for me.  The problem started randomly and now seems to be permanent.  This makes photoshop practically useless for me.  Very frustrating!!!  I have an Intuos4 medium tablet with the latest driver and the latest version of photoshop.

Operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found old stylus,which is falling apart, and  it works just fine.  If I try to use the newer stylus, I lose the brush sensitivity settings again.  I guess the stylus isn't working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now the same thing is happening with the old stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is photoshop problem.

delete your photoshop and reinstall it.

and important thing is do not use your old photoshop preference and actions.

I think problem is comming from that old settings

any different ways did not work to me. like 'dubble click off', 'press and hold' and some things.

but it's woked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Dear all,

This is happening the same as my case above. But I dont have any kind of 3G model/driver in use. I recently use the tablet and this happened for a couple of days, really annoying when it repeated each 30-60s. Please help me to fix this problem with all your experience.

Wacom Bamboo Pen and definite it is not driver problem!.

Thanks and best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone posted a solution on a DeviantART forum that has worked for me so far. I have a Wacom Intuos 4 and CS6.

Go to Wacom Tablet Properties

Double Click your Tablet Icon

In the Tablet Mode drop down menu, select "Recognition Data"

Source: Forum: Random Pen Pressure Problems in Photoshop using Wacom Intuos3 - DeviantArt

I hope this works for you guys too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a Solution for Wacom touch and pen users who are having trouble with the opacity in Photoshop cs6.

Here's the problem

When drawing in photoshop your pen/tab seems to not be able to put full opacity even though the opacity is completely toggled up

ex.PNG

This is a simple fix and has nothing to do with the nibs, or driver or even the tablet itself. For some reason Wacom and CS6 do not coincide well.

Simply go into task Manger and go to services then find a service (should be at the top) called WTabletServicePro and right click then tell the service to stop.

task.PNG

This should fix the error, just go into PSD and test it. I worked for me so it might for you.

Hope it helps guys,

-Firefly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines