Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Color blocks bug.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej!

Efter den senast uppdateringen har jag märkt att det dyker upp lite färgblock på mina bilder, speciellt när jag använder solid color fill. De är borta när jag exporterar ut bilderna men ändå irriterande när man sitter och jobbar. Någon annan som har dessa problem eller hört något om att en buggfix är på gång?

Skärmavbild 2018-10-18 kl. 15.30.15.pngSkärmavbild 2018-10-18 kl. 15.17.09.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

This is a known issue in CC2019, enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work for now thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a known issue in CC2019, enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m getting quite curious what the non-legacy compositing engine does and is good for … so far it seems to be causing problems for quite a few Photoshop users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, I was having issues with the blending modes originally with that option disabled and enabling it fixed it.

davescm​ was the first one to highlight what was causing it.

You would think somebody from Adobe would enlighten us as to the purpose of the new engine and why it's causing so much grief

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's funny is this "blocking" we've seen in a few cases, and which elsewhere is a smoking gun for video driver problems.

Maybe this is another thing that's moved out to the GPU, using OpenGL or OpenCL? In that case, join the club. I can't recall anything that has been succesfully moved to the GPU without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is another thing that's moved out to the GPU, using OpenGL or OpenCL? In that case, join the club. I can't recall anything that has been succesfully moved to the GPU without a hitch.

Seems that way and there may be even more issues.

When rotating a Smart Object some of the corners can appear cut; after reopening the file they appear OK, but if one saved a flattened copy before that it conserves the mistaken display.

Again Legacy Compositing solves the problem …

cc2019SmartObjectTransformationMistake3Scr1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one added to my long list of things enabling it fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These blocks also appear when adding a Camera RAW filter to a smart object. Turning off and on the effect in the layers panel removes it. So far turning off legacy compositing does not solve the issue.

iMac Pro - Mojave, could this be related in some way to how bridge is having difficulties rendering previews of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to legacy Composting did not solve the issue for me.

I have replaced Camera RAW 11 for an earlier version (9.12) and the problem is gone. I had to search for a replacement quickly as I can't afford much down time with problems. The download link for 10.5 on Adobe's website links to 11 (FYI) i will find a reliable download for 10.5 when I have time.

It's the first time I've ever gone back to a previous version of any adobe software (used photoshop since version 1) not happy at all with this latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to legacy Composting did not solve the issue for me.

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.

It seems that this is very much related to the thumbnail issue in Bridge 2019 on the iMac Pro. Obviously some missing link between adobe software / and the Vega graphics card.

We have uninstalled Photoshop 2019 company wide until these issues are resolved either by Adobe or Apple updates. NO WAY can we afford for any glitches to appear in our clients images as several users work on the same files as they progress through the studio.

So disappointed in Adobe with this latest release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That seemed to work even though I haven't got a clue what the difference is Will this effect the overall performance at all or do I don't need to worry? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the millions dollar question and nobody seems to know what having it disabled does other than break Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahah ok and Adobe says nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines