• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Camera Raw screen blocks PS, can't close it, PS won't close from taskbar

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Camera Raw screen blocks PS, can't close it, PS won't close from taskbar

I am on windows 10 17" laptop, using CC most recent

I was opening my recent files which included 2 camera raw images. This stupid welcome screen to camera raw pops of and will not close and I cannot see around it. Nothing is active on the Welcome to Camera Raw screen.

And I cannot minimize the welcome screen or access PS or anything that lies underneath it. There may be some sort of notification that I have to close but if so, it is underneath and I cannot get to it.

Here is an Screen shot.

Can someone tell me how to bypass the welcome screen for camera raw? I see the Camera Raw app underneath this welcome screen the correct size but cannot get this welcome screen to close

for some reason or another my jpeg will not insert.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

I believe you only get that welcome screen the first time you use Adobe Camer Raw or install ACR. It goes away when you click on its lets get started button never to be seen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Hello, @LadyKath what is your screen resolution, or the windows magnification setting? (right-click on windows desktop -> Display settings. In there, check the scale and layout setting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Hi!  Thanks for that suggestion.  I checked and I lowered the scale of my desktop so now the camera raw window is totally visible!  yay!   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Camera Raw's preferences:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7AzupMPl0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you only get that welcome screen the first time you use Adobe Camer Raw or install ACR. It goes away when you click on its lets get started button never to be seen again.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It has now disappeared. So appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. With the old version the "okay" button displayed at the bottom of the screen. The new version does not display this button or if it does the screen is too large to display on my laptop. I tried tinkering with the settings and dragging the corners to make the screen smaller, but it did not help. I seem to be forever stuck in RAW. Not liking this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!!! I went to Filter> Open with Camera Raw and the tab is so big that I cannot close it or even move it up further enough to access the buttons right at the bottom. I am stuck and i see no way out. Desperate and annoyed, please let me know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok found this on another forum- use Shift Esc to exit. phew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup,

[Shift + Esc} works on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot use the Camera Raw filter because the Done button at the bottom right corner is just not accessible. Ive tried everything. Attaching a video to explain my problem please let me know how to change the size of the window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh... thx for your information 

phew.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou!!! huge help 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use portrait mode and go to photoshop then close the camera raw pop up

then go to setting again and go to display settings and set it to landscape again

btw you can open display settings by right clicking in the desktop

btw im filipino so my english is not very good hope i helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such a simple solution but if you don't know, then, you don't know .. so thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets get starrted is not visible. Correct help answer is Shift-Escape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also an easy way to get out of it is to simply click ' Esc '.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver! I didn't have a 'let's get started' button so thank you thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Ive had the same frustrating problem through a few Adobe updates, always hoping problem was fixed.  Currently on Win 10 and PS 22.3.0.  There is no way to MOVE the window or is there no close buttons either nor could you kill from taskbar.  Only way then was to kill the whole PS process in task manager.  Found this post and list that had one thing that worked for me use shift-esc to close the window.  Its a shame that Adobe can't seem to fix this problem as it makes the software flow clumsy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in Windows using shift/esc does close the raw filter.  Thanks for at least a way to get rid of it.  BUT and a big BUT you can't do apply anything you set in the RAW filter to your image.  A BIG fail.  So why even have the RAW filter in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently downloaded Photoshop CC and had the same problem when using the camera raw filter.  After setting different adjustments, I couldn't get to the bottom of my screen to hit the okay button.  I finally just hit the enter key - and it took me back to Photoshop with the camera raw adjustments done!   I tried it again (several times with different adjustments) and hit the enter key - and it still worked.  Hopefully it can help you. 

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @LadyKath what is your screen resolution, or the windows magnification setting? (right-click on windows desktop -> Display settings. In there, check the scale and layout setting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Thanks for that suggestion.  I checked and I lowered the scale of my desktop so now the camera raw window is totally visible!  yay!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Alt + Direction arrow rotates the screen to reveal the "Let's go" option. Click the option and rotate the screen back to your normal orientation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines