• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will PS for iPad be released?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the iPad Pro the day it was released because they said Photoshop would be available the first part of 2019. It is now past the first quarter of 2019 and Adobe hasn’t even made an update announcement to its consumers! The ONLY reason why I spent $3000 on an iPad is for Photoshop! I use photoshop at work and needed this to happen.

I am so disappointed in Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

It's available now (4 November 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 100 Replies 100
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only info I've seen said it would be available "in 2019". There's still 9 months left of that. Can you give us the address of a web page which says it will be the first quarter?

There is however talk of a preview program, apparently. This is a PREVIEW. Not even a beta yet. You would not use it for any important work, so you'd keep running on your Mac or Windows computer. Details, and a link to get more information: Adobe Unleashes Wave of Imaging Innovation | Adobe Blog

Apple puts very strict limits on how many previews can be shipped, so I'd be surprised if you can get it. Let us know, if you are not bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said “the first part of 2019” like five times during the apple keynote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I wasn't at the keynote and if you were, you are going to know better than me. But it would seem to contradict what they seem to be saying everywhere else. For example, at Adobe Max, a couple of weeks earlier, they said "Available in 2019". Adobe MAX 2018: Previewing Photoshop CC on iPad (Coming Soon) | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube  time 9:24.

Did you sign up using the link I posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a number of us have signed up using that "Receive Updates" Link (to which there have been NO UPDATES since signing up) but they really ought to give us a little more information since it's almost May.

We also need to know if it will come with Creative Cloud subscription - as I pay for All Apps, I'd like the ability to download it and sign in without having to pay anymore upfront.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE Employees?  Care to comment?!?!  We are now well past the end of Quarter 1 in 2019 and with my new iPad pro shipping this week I would love to know when you think this is happening ,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE Employees?  Care to comment?!?!

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

They said “the first part of 2019” like five times during the apple keynote.

Who is »they«? Were Adobe representatives present at an Apple event or what exactly are you talking about?

And the »first part« would not seem to mean the same thing as »the first quarter«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Apple said "first part of 2019", it unfortunately is not up to Apple to decide the release date of an Adobe product.

We're all eagerly waiting the release, but it may be delayed.  I imagine they've been so excited about putting this together that they may have come to a few bumps in the road and want to make sure it is as glitch-free as possible before the official release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harrisonm15572417​, D Fosse

Adobe representatives were on stage at Apple's October 2018 Event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

devinc51081032  wrote

The ONLY reason why I spent $3000 on an iPad is for Photoshop!

Hi Devin,

I just looked at the pricing for the iPad Pro, and even with choosing the most expensive options in each category, it came to $1899. I am waiting until Photoshop releases in case a new iPad comes out before then, but am curious as to how you spent $3000?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

I meant $2,000. But after Apple Care, a cover and the new pencil it was well over that. But we also bought one for my husband too. So all together we spent close to $5k on iPad pros specifically for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Devin — my pricing included Apple Care, but not the $99 pencil or a new case. Like you, I am eager for the iPad version of PS to be released, but am holding out on the iPad purchase until it does.

Anyone who might know when it would be released — whether they are Adobe staff or on Prerelease — would be under NDA until an official announcement is made, so all we can do is wait.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you spend 3000? - I have the iPad Pro 12.9 with 512gb and I only paid 1500 cdn. 

Everything I have read is the first part of 2019 - if they release it before it is ready everyone will bitch about that too.

i can hardly wait myself - i am tired of using so many apps when PS could just do it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very easy to spend $2,500 for iPad Pro, keyboard, pencil and apple care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a team of 6 designers.  We have a mix of individual Adobe CC apps and very old CS apps.

The most intelligent thing we can do:

1. Don't order CC All Apps for our entire Design Team until Photoshop for iPad is officially released.  I agree that it should be included for Free to anyone who subscribes to Adobe CC for All Apps.

2. Wait to order the iPad Pro for our entire team until we can review Photoshop.

Both corporations (Adobe and Apple) should just wait for our full purchases until they're released.  Maybe we can even wait for 2019's iPad Pro upgrade before we jump in!

It's so tempting to run out and purchase the new iPad Pro, because it does look amazing, for sure!  But, maybe we should all just wait. Hold onto our money in a little envelope until both corporations are ready.  They don't seem fully ready right now.  I wish they were ready, but they're not.  They claim to be ready soon, but, they're not ready.  All we can do is be ready, when they're ready. They are yelling at us to NOT buy their products right now. They are begging us to wait.  They told us, "Coming in 2019."  Let's all just wait until it materializes. 

When they're ready for us to make the purchase, I'm sure they'll let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if this is going to hurt.... but i spent $860 on my ipad pro 12.9 w/ cellular. eventually i spent another $230 maybe on a apple keyboard smart case, pencil and screen protector. so all in all i'm just over a $1k in my ipad.... ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1899.99 iPad , 200 case 129 pencil apple care at 200 and 6 percent sales taxes on everything dongles new bag hard drive and other accessories not included screen protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? Apple said so, and now you're disappointed in Adobe for not keeping Apple's promise?   Which, BTW, everyone understands they made just so they could sell more iPads (and succeded, case in point)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that Adobe themselves were the ones discussing the Photoshop App fro iPad at the Apple Keynote. The announcement was not made by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always use Affinity Photo and Designer as a stop gap. Both are available for a one off cost and have many of the features that the desktop version of Photoshop has. There may be a bit of a learning curve due to different UI and the way that some of the features work, but there are plenty of tutorials out there. You can import and export your PSD files and the apps have full Apple Pencil support.

i know this is an Adobe forum and some people might object to me talking about a rival companies product, but until PS for iPad is released the Affinity apps are well worth a look. I know many people have ditched Adobe altogether after trying these products.

I’m far from convinced that Adobe will do a good job with an iOS app, it may be a case of history repeating. They did have an iPad version of Photoshop a good few years ago that they abandoned, much to my annoyance as I’d paid good money for it. It was slow, feature light and buggy as hell, but instead of working at bringing it up to par, they pulled it from the App Store pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think when they were talking about releasing early in 2019, they were talking about a beta program, not the final product. Adobe normally likes to release things at Adobe MAX, around Oct, so my wild guess would be that's when it might be release. Of course they could run into issues, and it might not get released till 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop on my iPad Pro at work using Astropad. The app basically mirrors my monitor on my iPad screen, allowing me to utilize the pressure sensitivity of the iPad Pro and Pencil while working in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As of now there is no official word regarding this, would request you all to sign up here to stay in the loop: Explore all Photoshop products on desktop, mobile| Adobe Creative Cloud

Stay tuned for any updates on this.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity has been doing a good job at competing with Photoshop. When I looked at the list of new Photoshop desktop features many or even most of them have been on Affinity for years. Apparently the CC approach of just charging lots of money for a product doesn't make it better. I can only imagine how good they will make the program by the time Photoshop finally comes out on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines