• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE IS THE SPOT HEALING BRUSH TOOL IN PHOTOSHOP CC

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would seem a very simple question...

But Adobe do not seem to read English, and they keep giving me answers that are no good to me.

Well, it seems like a simple question !!!

Maybe the problem is that it is TOO SIMPLE...

I cannot find the Spot Healing Brush tool in my tools bar...

Can anyone please help me to find it ?

I am trying to follow along a "Classroom in a book" lesson that tells me to use the "Spot Healing Brush" tool.

But the tool is not in my tool bar, so I cannot find it.

I am in the latest CC Photoshop....

Thank you in advance people...

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Hi Glen:

The tool display is tied to the workspace. When you switch workspaces with Window > Workspace, you will not only change the panel visibility and position on the right side of your screen, you will also be hiding and showing tools that correspond to a specific workflow. As mentioned above, you can manually edit the tool display with the three dot button—this is shown in a tip on page 13 in the Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book, 2019 Release.

When your reach page 44 in the book to star

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot.

What is your Workspace?

If the Tool is hidden indeed and not just hidden because one of its secondaries is selected please check out Edit > Toolbar where you can »recombine« the Tools or simply »Restore Defaults«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the tool Bar, there is three dots at the bottom of the tool bar . . .

You also click the shortcut J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohammad.

Thank you very much.

Glen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen:

The tool display is tied to the workspace. When you switch workspaces with Window > Workspace, you will not only change the panel visibility and position on the right side of your screen, you will also be hiding and showing tools that correspond to a specific workflow. As mentioned above, you can manually edit the tool display with the three dot button—this is shown in a tip on page 13 in the Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book, 2019 Release.

When your reach page 44 in the book to start the lesson with the Healing Brush, it is assumed that you are still using the Essentials (Default) workspace. If you aren't, just select  Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default). To play it safe, reset the workspace in case you changed it with Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials. This is in the tip in the right column of page 29, at the end of chapter one.

One more comment: one page 5 you will find instructions on resetting default preferences. Photoshop uses a sticky state for its interface, meaning it remembers decisions that you have made along the way. I normally have my students reset defaults before class starts, and sometimes we do it during class, particularly when I have a curious student who is experimenting with various settings while waiting for other students to catch up.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb.

Thank you VERY much.

Glen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Glen.

I teach from that book on a regular basis, and am happy to answer questions as you work through it. You can tag me in a new thread if I don't see your question right away. And there are a few other trainers who help out here who also use that book to teach—they can also give a hand if your question is book-related.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your great and speedy help.

Thank you.

Glen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines