• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find Photoshop CC 18.1.7

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an email from Adobe that says Photoshop CC 18.1.6 is now "unauthorized" (subject line: "Changes to Creative Cloud Version Download Availability"). I have kept that version installed until now because it has the Device Preview feature that was removed in later versions, and as a web designer I find that feature too valuable to give up. (I'm fully aware that Photoshop is no longer the preferred app for designing websites, in case anybody is going to start pointing that out. Learning Adobe XD is on my to-do list, but in the meantime, I'm working with legacy processes at my job, and Device Preview is my most seamless workflow option.) Now Adobe is telling me I have to get rid of it, or else "be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties."

However, the same email also says that version 18.1.7 – one release later than the 18.1.6 I have installed – is still authorized. Maybe there's hope for me keeping a version of Photoshop with Device Preview after all?

The problem is that I can't find this fabled 18.1.7 version. In my Creative Cloud app manager, no 18.x versions are available.

Adobe's help topic about installing previous versions doesn't offer any other solutions. Googling the fabled version number just gives me a bunch of shady-looking sites that I'm definitely not clicking on. Where can I find a legit source to install it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Our rep passed this to us--I can verify the download for Photoshop CC 2017 for Mac is 18.1.7:

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC apps only show v19.1.8 or later.

It’s probably best to contact support directly if you have received an email concerning un-authorized versions.

Adobe Help Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dpelachick ,

very strange. Never thought that a 18.1.7 was ever released.

My Creative Cloud Desktop app ( WIndows 10 ) is offering version 18.1.6 only:

CC-DesktopApp-PhotoShop-OlderVersions-1.PNG

Why should PhotoShop 18.1.6 be offered if it is now "unauthorized" ?

Maybe that mail is a hoax? Or a scam? Hm…

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

that is definitely an official email from Adobe.

Soon there will be an update to CC app to remove previous versions - I think the verbiage "Unauthorized" is a little harsh.

Here is the official listing.

ProductAuthorized Major Product Versions & all dot releasesUnauthorized Major Product Versions & all dot releases
Photoshop CC 20, CC 19, CC 18.1.7 CC 18.1.6 and prior, CC 17, CC 16, CC 15, CC 14, 13
InDesign CC 14, CC 13, CC 12, CC 11, CC 10 CC 9, 8
Premiere Pro CC 13, CC 12 CC 11, CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6
Media Encoder CC 13, CC 12 CC 11, CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6
After Effects CC 16, CC 15 CC 14, CC 13, CC 12, 11
Animate CC 19, CC 18 CC 16, CC 15, CC 14, CC 13, 12
Audition CC 12, CC 11 CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, CC 6, 5
Lightroom Classic CC 8, CC 7, CC 6.1.4 downloaded after 03/13/2019 CC 6, CC 5, CC 4
Bridge CC 9, CC 8 CC 7, CC 6
Prelude CC 8, CC 7 CC 6, CC 5, CC 4, CC 3, CC 2, 1
SpeedGrade This product has been discontinued. CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6
Captivate Captivate 2019, Captivate 2017 (10.0.1) Captivate 2017 (10.0.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you have a URL for this list?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the "unauthorized" version be withdrawn from the CC Desktop app?

That would be a catastrophy for some of my clients.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's list: Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

The "unauthorized" versions are already gone from the Creative Cloud Desktop App (CCDA).  Per what we have been told by our rep, "Only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud will be available for download from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and Adobe.com."  For example, although InDesign CC 2014 and newer are "authorized", the public-facing CCDA only allows installation of InDesign CC 2018 and InDesign CC 2019:

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.01.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

thank you for this very important link!

I am quoting from: Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

… For customers who have not yet updated to the latest version of Creative Cloud, please note that you are no longer licensed to use certain older versions of the applications or deploy packages containing these older versions. …

Wow. That's quite a punch!

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Patrick+Fergus  wrote

Adobe's list: Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

The "unauthorized" versions are already gone from the Creative Cloud Desktop App (CCDA).  Per what we have been told by our rep, "Only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud will be available for download from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and Adobe.com."  For example, although InDesign CC 2014 and newer are "authorized", the public-facing CCDA only allows installation of InDesign CC 2018 and InDesign CC 2019:

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.01.59 PM.png

Hi Patrick,

just updated CC Desktop App to version 4.8.1.435

InDesign versions 8 and 9 are still available.

What's your exact version of CC Desktop App?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a fresh installation of the CCDA 4.8.135 on a computer that never had had the CCDA installed before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. The announcement has no date. Maybe that will be handled differently in some regions of the world?

Or will be in effect some time in the future? Made effective at different time zones to different times?

Here a screen shot of my currently installed CC Desktop App version 4.8.1.435 regarding InDesign:

CC-DesktopApp-InDesign-OlderVersions-2.PNG

I'm based in Germany. So this could make a difference perhaps.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive an email from Adobe yet Uwe? That is your date. As soon as you update your CC app, the older versions listed as "unauthorized" goes away.

The interesting thing is they look to be continuing support on several versions of InDesign compared to only the three most recent for everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kstohlmeyer1  wrote

Did you receive an email from Adobe yet Uwe? That is your date. As soon as you update your CC app, the older versions listed as "unauthorized" goes away.

The interesting thing is they look to be continuing support on several versions of InDesign compared to only the three most recent for everything else.

Hi,

did not recieve an email from Adobe yet.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think Adobe will email rank and file CC subscribers. Our rep said “Adobe sent [this email] out to Creative Cloud IT admins”—are you an Administrator (of any type) on a company’s CC Admin Portal (i.e. Education, Teams, Enterprise)? If not, I wouldn’t expect an email.  Keep in mind Adobe has changed other things without customer-facing emails, such as the change to automatically remove older versions of software when installing newer versions* and the discontinuation of availability of older video products due to the Dolby licensing dispute.

*Which brings up an interesting thought—if someone needs, say, Photoshop CC 2015.5 to stay compatible with a client, the CCDA will remove it when a newer version of Photoshop is installed with no way to get the older version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is interested in a more readable edit of the "authorized versions" table:

Patrick Fergus on Twitter: "I annotated Adobe’s “authorized” applications table with “marketing” ver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our rep passed this to us--I can verify the download for Photoshop CC 2017 for Mac is 18.1.7:

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Patrick Fergus​.

I hope you don't mind; just incorporated a version of your helpfully-translated table in the new article here:

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick, I'm a rank and file user and got the email, so not just IT guys.

Have they deleted the "Remove Old Versions" checkbox in the new CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger, only the latest and previous version will be shown in the CC app in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender  wrote

… Here a screen shot of my currently installed CC Desktop App version 4.8.1.435 regarding InDesign:

CC-DesktopApp-InDesign-OlderVersions-2.PNG

This morning this changed now to this:

CC-DesktopApp-InDesign-OlderVersions-5.PNG

That's bad. Very bad. In effect that means I even cannot download and install dot versions of e.g. CC 2018 anymore ?!

( Just my assumption. I'd do the hell and uninstall something to test for this. )

And why is Adobe Illustrator CC also affected? It's not even on the list of "unauthorised" CC apps. ???

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My desktop also now only shows versions 19 and 20 for download.  If indeed 18.1.7 is authorised and available, your only choice would be to contact Adobe Customer Care. Contact Customer Care

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm still authorized to keep my wife and kids... Adobe's latest trend is program implosion without providing any of the available advanced knowledge and foresight to the user base before making big changes. Monumental F-. Whatever brain trust that is making these decision should quit before everyone jumps off the band wagon. These issues will be the catalyst for upcoming competitors to produce programs that provide more solutions and less fancy splash screen updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since apparently this all revolves around alleged copyright infringement on Adobe's part, it begs the question: what has been removed from CC 18.1.7 that still exists in CC 18.1.6 (and earlier)? Does anybody have any insights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually just this morning got the 18.1.7 update through the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

up.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines