• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why i downgraded the new ACR V12.3 back to v12.2

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a loyal heavy user and a teacher of ACR / bridge / photoshop for more then 15 years, as i edit hundreds of images simultaneously on each project,  sadly i consider to start learning  Capture 1 - as the “new kid in town” 

After investigating the new ACR (12.3) i have downgraded the ACR to V12.2.

The last ACR is a nightmare for me. not talking about getting used to the new interface. I am talking about many features that are gone now that made my workflow with multiple images “run” fast and efficiently.

1. Now , after trying the V12.3 on a few projects, each one of them took 3 (!!) times more than they were used to, and meant to, I downgraded the ACR to V12.2 (and have issues with the “preview editing images on Bride….

here are some examples of issues  with the new interface that are slowing down the workflow tremendously (2 of many):

1- selective brushes use to have “+” and “-“ buttons on each editing slider. Now they are missing. This effecting 3 slowing down issues-

A- you cant “jump” In the slider by clicking +/-.

B- If you want to edit the next image with the same brush - you just can’t! , not like before - all sliders are resets automatically! why? Since we are talking about multiple images editing >  ACR supposed to shorten the time, why should I set the brush time and time again for each image???. This is a BIG BIG BIG hassle !!! was much better in previous sliders work. 

C- when using more then 1 adjustment editing brush on the same image, in the past clicking on +/- in the slider was resetting all OTHER sliders, except the slider you clicked on. That was very efficient. (like it used to be) - i want to work with the new brush with one click on +/-that resets all the OTHER sliders. Now you need to click on NEW brush and then set the slider again, (2 clicks instead of 1) but without the “small jumps” the +/- buttons  as they were in the past. again - another SIGNIFICANTLY slowing down the workflow with one of the most useful tools.

2 - Another BiG slowing down workflow issue with the new crop - is missing the "next" image cropping with the keyboard arrows

by using ACR with multiple image editing, when cropping one image, synced to other exited images- I used  to fine tune the crop of the “other synced” images after syncing. I could use the keyboard arrows down to the next image and do the fine tuning to the synced crop. Now-as i am still in the crop tool -  the keyboard arrows are moving the crop in the source - that means i need to go out from the source by clicking the other image thumbnail > and just then able to fine tune to another image. When I work on tens of images, that's a big  hassle!!! The idea is to shorten the workflow, this new crop triple the workflow timing. (And unfortunately there are some other new issues that are slowing down the workflow tremendously )

3-Esc button used to cancel (and close) the editing windows. now it doesn’t! 

4-on all tabs settings, right tab does not open with the top “basic” tab on top.> you have to scroll from where you left it to the top.

last word - If you meant to “kill” ACR- you did the right move!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollback Bridge to solve you image preview issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did roll back the bridge to 2019, now it doesnt read all XMP for preview editing (on DNG - its an historic bug!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I rolled back Bridge to 10.0.4 then installed CR12.2.1, I had no issues with XMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture 1, thank you for the suggestion!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Who knows how to update photoshop and bridge, without the nonsense Version of "new" Camera Raw 12.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to rollback ACR to 10.5.  I did the regular update of Bridge and Photoshop (which automatically updated ACR) then I reinstalled ACR 10.5 and I'm good to go.
Sad that so many of Adobe's "improvements" actually are deterrents. Every time I update (which, lately, is not often), I have to fix/learn/re-enable options that use to be defaults. Who are they talking to that's asking for these useless changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

absolutely agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines