• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring Quick Share back to Photoshop (removed from 23.3)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, bring back the Quick Share button that was at the top right of Photoshop (it was just removed with the April release of Photoshop 23.3)

The reasoning for removing it is stated as "due to low usage, desire to simplify the options bar UI, and redundant functionality to other export functions."

But there is no other export function (that I am aware of) that allows you to send an image directly to another device via AirDrop -- This was extremely convenient as I didnt have to save/export a file onto my HDD everytime I wanted to send something to my phone or tablet.
Please bring it back and tuck it away somwhere if you have to.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 241 Replies 241
241 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRING BACK THE QUICK SHARE BUTTON! I reallly do not understand how the reasoning for removing it was due to low usage, this feature was essential to my daily workflow. The ability to quickly text graphics to clients or save to photos, or email designs was so convienent. Instead now I have to export as a .jpg and then send through imessage on my mac or save to icloud and have to go on my phone and find it there and save it, and there seems like no other work around for this. Really hoping they fix this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn’t agree more!! PLEASE BRING BACK THE QUICK SHARE BUTTON! Your users have spoken!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it was intentional, you are seeing that there are a lot of folks who depended on that.  Since this was intentional then please intentionally bring it back. It's a little button!  Customer is always right ... remember?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST FOUND A WORK AROUND FOR THE QUICK SHARE!!! I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but I've been driving myself crazy ever since they got rid of the quick share button seeing as it was a feature that I used every single day to make my life easier. By accident I stumbled upon it and IT WORKED! 

This only works if you have a Macbook with the touch bar option. But go to VIEW > CUSTOMIZE TOUCH BAR, from there you have the option to add a share button. When you click on the share button on the touch bar you now have all the options you once had with the quick share like sharing to mail, air drop, message, and add to photos.

Hope that helps anyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround if you're on an iMac and not a MacBook is to take a screen shot of the image in Ps, then send it to Preview and AirDrop it from there. It's clunky and not as streamlined as just tapping the Share button, but it does work.  I wish Adobe would give us the option to select having this function rather than making an arbitrary decision for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but that is more time consuming (even if I used Apple, which I don’t) than saving a copy and sending that from my storage.

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the time being you just have to manually save to disk and manually share that wherever it needs to go. Its likely that a third-party could code up some scripts (ExtendScript and probably Powershell on Windows) to do what you need. I don't have time or the burning need to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion! 👍🏼 It's at least a possible workaround until the option gets added back hopefully 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround if you're on an iMac and not a MacBook is to take a screen shot of the image in Ps, then send it to Preview and AirDrop it from there. It's clunky and not as streamlined as just tapping the Share button, but it does work. I wish Adobe would give us the option to select having this function rather than making an arbitrary decision for us.

Actually, you can skip the Preview step. When you take a screen shot on the Mac, if you click the little preview window that pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen while it’s saving the screen shot, it expands into a screen shot editing window, and there is already a Share button in there with an AirDrop option. So you can AirDrop immediately after taking a screen shot, without using any other apps.

AirDrop-from-screen-shot.jpg

This is still not as convenient or proper as restoring AirDrop to Photoshop itself, which Adobe does need to do. Photoshop is sold as a professional application that supports macOS and Windows, and to be comparable to its professional competition, that OS support should include basic OS functions such as AirDrop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome--TIL. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed v24.0.1 and still no support for airdrop as far as I could see 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want the air drop button too but the butting that allowed you to send photos by messages and email is the one this thread was primarily hoping to get back. I'd love to have both!  Is anyone from Adobe seeing this? And if so what can you tell us? Please someone at Adobe reply. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you folks at Adobe please reconsider the share button and air drop? Many people have written about this. Where are you at on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Please someone at Adobe reply.'

@J453 from Adobe has already replied to this thread. See the correct answer at the top.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIs anyone from Adobe seeing this? And if so what can you tell us?

Yes as this is a feature request and has votes. Adobe monitors such threads/votes.

No, you will unlikely hear anything further about possible future development.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He replied but he didn't really answer. He gave some technical mumbo jumbo how we might get some assemblance of use of it if we had any idea what he was talking about. We just want it back, the way we had it. We shouldn't have to go through all of that to get it to work, Adobe needs to correct their error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He replied; removal was intended.

It's not coming back (as it was).

You can call it “mumbo jumbo”. But....

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the quick share multiple times daily please reinstate it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please bring back Airdrop for photoshop, it was super useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE 1000% bring it back!! This has really messed up my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back airdropping in photoshop without having to use the macbook touch bar!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ПОЖАЛУЙСТА!!! Верните эту функцию!!! Это мега удобно! Она очень полезная!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Please PLEASE bring this function back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone from Adobe let us know if you will consider bringing back the quick share button. Many of want it! Thanks. Just please reply

Votes

Translate

Translate