• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Provide support for Linux (2011)

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if Adobe released any Photoshop versions for Linux? Because I looked everywhere in Adobe's site but I could not find any information.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

We currently have no plans to build a version of Photoshop for Linux.

Status Declined

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 666 Replies 666
666 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You built a machine that crashes twice a day? Congratulations on that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit whining and just get a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or a properly built pc.  i've never see a bsod since owning my current computer (~4+ years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and this is why this thead is supposed to be locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a, agree -  The interoperability that brought by AI ( that started in mass-scale ) last year and web technology stanadard - brings good news to provaide Desktop/Mobile/PaaS/SaaS to Any OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be wrong to move current discussions into a locked thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm per team this thread is to remain locked. The subject has a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it's wrong to move and amass posts like rhis thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad wrote: i think it's wrong to move and amass posts like rhis thread

Are you saying you agree that the other thread should never have been merged into this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked in the computer systems field for over 60 years before retiring. I have worked in early Data Entry, and then as a programmer, systems engineer., and technician.  I was a software engineer developing the OS on a military "minicomputer" project in the early 70s that was smaller than the original IBM PC.  I was also one of the 1st to use the early LINUX OS developed by Linus Torvalds and I helped develop the 1st software for a "Radiation Treatment Planning System" for cancer therapy.  I was an early adopter of the early Apple computers and the IBM PC when it first arrived.

I still use LINUX on my primary SERVER, some workstations, and laptops.  LINUX is still a great OS for servers and for other workstations.  This comment is being written on a small HP Server running "Debian LINUX".  LINUX is still one of the most used OS on small (and many larger) servers, and is far from dead!

I believe the primary reason that Adobe has dropped support for LINUX is due to their inability to buy the "rights" to the OS!  They seem to be buying up all the software they can get!  I have always liked most  Adobe products, but they can't have everything!  I will continue to use LINUX for my servers and on some workstations!  I do use MS Windows on some machines, but mostly small laptops.  I certainly hope that others will not just drop LINUX, but will continue to support Adobe products where they choose.  ADOBE should reconsider their moves and the people and support they will lose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropping support for Linux?

Photoshop was never released for Linux - only Mac and Windows operating systems. Adobe staff have confirmed on several occasions that they have no plans to support Linux.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not make software for Linux because they (likely correctly) project that the cost would far exceed the revenue from a port. Its a business decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the primary reason that Adobe has dropped support for LINUX is due to their inability to buy the "rights" to the OS! 

By @Philip364738674ixr

I think their chances of buying the rights to Windows and Apple operating systems aren't any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple could eat Adobe for a snack between meals...people really don't realize how big Apple is. They're second only to Saudi Aramco.

But watch out for Nvidia! AI has really put a rocket under them, and some say they might overtake Apple. If I were a gambling man, that's where my 100 bucks would go 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a version for Silicon Graphics IRIX, but I think that stopped after v3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which particular Adobe software are you referring to?

I believe Adobe has produced some software like the Acrobat Reader, Flash, Air and a

few others for Linux operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate