• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Save save blended layer as normal layer.

Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a lot of people want something like this: the ability to save a layer that has transparency created by a blend mode, like lighten or darken, or by using blend if sliders based on an underlying layer as a normal blend mode layer, with whatever transparency applied to that layer. Blend layers can be problematic is you need to flatter some of them and still retain all the blend characteristics of when the layer was blended. I hope this makes sense.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted Chuck, it would be a nice trick for blend modes that rely on the live interaction of two layers to be retained without a second layer being present anymore.

This is already possible for blend-if sliders, simply add a new blank layer and merge it into the layer with blend-if applied. The transparency is retained/applied for the pixel content, but the blended visual appearance may not be the same with underlying layers as it was beforehand, unless the underlying content was also included (which is similar to the blend mode issue).

So in both cases I'm not sure of the practical/technical possibility.

Backstory here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-export-lighten-blending-mode-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, I talked with Stephen Nielson about this a few years ago. He seemed interested in the idea, but....

Yea not sure how technically easy this would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Chuck Uebele , so many trick out there. But your idea is to be great thing.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea, Chuck. I've upvoted.

Jane

Votes