• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidently lost all my star ratings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently selected al my photos/videos and when i clicked one to unselect I clicked near the star rating and I lost all my ratings. I thought by exiting the program and reenting it may not have saved it, however they were all gone. All 27000. So I decided to cut my losses and reinstall from a backup, however it was a few months old so the last few hundred when i imported them back had nothing no star rating no keywords.. I have both the old catalog with all the photos and all the keywords but no star ratings and the new catalo with all the phots and star ratings up till the backup but not the last few hundred photos.

My question is .. Is there a way to import my missin photos from one catlog to another keeping all the ratings and keywords? Elements 2020, windows 10. Thanks Wayne

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try selecting the all the photos you need in the older catalog  and then writing metadata to files. From the menu:

File >> Write Metadata to Files (Ctrl+W)

If you then import those files from the folders into the new catalog the metadata should follow the files and you will get prompted to import all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines