Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An integer between 96 and 8 is required | Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After installing the latest window 10 update I kept getting 'out of RAM' messages. I've gone into preferences to change the RAM but as soon as I click on anything I get the message ' integer between 96 and 8 is required'

I've seen that there is a workaround on the forums, but I am not a techy person at all and am loathe to start playing around with the registry.

Is there anything else I can do? I use Photoshop on a daily basis and this is driving me mad!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi Karen,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop CC 19.1.5.

This update includes the fix for this issue, Photoshop CC 2018: An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted. "Could not complete your request bec…

Once the update is installed, you will want to return your registry to its unedited state. Details available here: Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Here's a list of what's new in this release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karenh79946998  wrote

Hi

After installing the latest window 10 update I kept getting 'out of RAM' messages. I've gone into preferences to change the RAM but as soon as I click on anything I get the message ' integer between 96 and 8 is required'

I've seen that there is a workaround on the forums, but I am not a techy person at all and am loathe to start playing around with the registry.

Is there anything else I can do? I use Photoshop on a daily basis and this is driving me mad!

Unfortunately, the only other solution would be to roll back to the previous Windows 10 version. It seems that thousands of Photoshop and Elements users have applied the edit without any catastrophe. In the worst case, the edit is not correct and ineffective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop CC 19.1.5.

This update includes the fix for this issue, Photoshop CC 2018: An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted. "Could not compl...

Once the update is installed, you will want to return your registry to its unedited state. Details available here: Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Here's a list of what's new in this release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

In short, open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

Are you using Elements or Photoshop?

I assume Elements, since you are posting in the Elements forum. Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Elements error was ". . . an integer between 50 and 8." If there was an Elements error stating the need for an integer between 96 and 8, I wasn't aware of it. So I assumed Karen was asking about Photoshop and answered accordingly. I'm on the Photoshop Team.

Here's the Elements doc for a similar RAM calculation issue. I'm not sure of the status of a fix on Elements:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Regards,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hannah,

Yes, I have followed your extremely helpful contributions from the beginning of those issues three months ago in the feedback forum.

There are many symptoms and different error messages as indicated in the Elements help doc.

The main concern of Elements users who have this problem is to know if a similar fix than in Photoshop will be available.

- for the current PSE 2018, will there be an update or will they have to wait for PSE 2019 in Sept/October? I know you are not at liberty to give a date anyway.

- there does not see to be any hope for older versions which are no longer supported (except the regedit solution).

I don't know either if you can shed some light about all the current mysteries of this RAM issue. What is important is that Adobe has the answers for Elements as well as Photoshop.

- Why do only a part of the users with the latest Windows update have any issues? Is there anotther hardware or software issue in the equation?

- What's the percentage of those users with issues? I have no issues personnally on two different computers.

- Why does the regedit solution solve problems with some users with powerful configs well before the Windows update?

- It seems that the decimal amount of RAM you enter is not critical. 4000 or 4096, even 24 000, that works?

- the test to see if the regedit edit has been correct is to look at the menu Help >> System Info to see if the available amount has been changed by the edit.

- Does the menu Edit >> Preferences >> performance always give the precise error message "An integer between 80...)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines