• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Preview window not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help. I have recently upgraded to PE 2020 and working through some tutorials. For some unknown reason when I select a brush it does not show the selection in the preview window. Just the chequered pattern. It was working but not now.  I have reste brushes and closed and restarted my Mac.  Still no luck. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Well you would not believe what was causing the problem. I am using a Macbook with a second 14 inch HP  monitor. For whatever reason when I bring up a project on the second monitor 2 issues appeared. The first being the brush preview windowdoes not show the brush selected. The other issue was the layers window. When I hovered the mouse over a layer the cursor would shake and would be very slow and laggy.

Moving the project to the macbook screen all of the issues disappeared ! I have used the sec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brushes can be viewed as large or small thumbnail. Activate the brush tool. There is a drop-down where you can access this menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for coming back to me. I cannot find any activate for brushes.  In fact all the brushes work when selected but do not show in the preview window. I have attached a photo. 

Thoughts ??

LaurieAdobe Brush Screen.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well you would not believe what was causing the problem. I am using a Macbook with a second 14 inch HP  monitor. For whatever reason when I bring up a project on the second monitor 2 issues appeared. The first being the brush preview windowdoes not show the brush selected. The other issue was the layers window. When I hovered the mouse over a layer the cursor would shake and would be very slow and laggy.

Moving the project to the macbook screen all of the issues disappeared ! I have used the second monitor for over 12 months with various programs and this is the only time that something has not worked. 

I hope this may help other users if they come across this issue.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines