• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Photos Library in Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to navigate to the Photos Library on MacOS using Organizer, but when I try to do so on Photoshop Elements (PSE) I get:

Could not complete your request because Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file.

I have gone to settings and set Privacy to alllow both Organizer and PSE, this seems to work for Organizer, but not PSE.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not a good idea to reference the same files in both Elements and the Apple Photos App. This could corrupt your Photos library. You could export a copy or an unmodified original and bring that duplicate into Elements. You can also edit directly from your library in the Apple Photos app and save back into the library from the Elements editor app, but it requires an extension. See my blog link below for further information.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2016/03/external-editing-from-photos-app-on-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

99jon

I purchased External Editor but it did not work for me using Catalina. After editing, when I tried to save it would only allow me to "save as" someplace else that was not Photos. Then I had to import the edited photo back into Photos. In other words the exact same problem that cause me to buy the extension in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines