• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot set up email on new elements 2021

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several versions of elements and just installed 2021 because of a new computer.  I have attempted every avenue suggested to set up an email client but none will validate.  The last time I had this occurance (2 years ago), I had to have a remote connection to adobe to make it work.  Does anyone have a better suggestion than the multitudes of support shown from Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a gmail account, Google makes it extremely difficult to use 3rd party programs such as Elements to connect to the gmail servers.  There are a number of hoops you have to go through with your gmail account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which email client are you using? 

In case of Google, you need to turn on 2-step verification in Google settings and setup an app password. Instructions for the same can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/email-configuration-elements-organizer.html

Again, please let me know the email client you are using, and we shall be able to assist you better.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for your help.  I manage to get all the way through the instructions on this link including selecting the app (adobe).  At this point I see no avenue to generate a password.  If I could do this successfully I think I might be on the track to getting email to validate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the options you see under 2-step verification?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had this 2 step option installed but re-installed it a couple of time.  No matter what name I put in the user blank or what email address I enter or what password I use on all of them, none will verify.  The last time this occurred with elements 2018 I was forced to ask for adobe to take over the computer and, magically, the problem was solved.  Only began when I installed the new 2021 program.  I think I have exhausted my avenues at this point and will have to wait for a weekday to start a chat.   Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my original post, if you are using gmail it is an extremely convoluted process.  I just tried it on a new computer and confirmed how complicated it is.

Here are some suggestions:

• Make sure that, under your gmail account profile>Security tab, you turn on Less Secure App access:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.29_15h08m03s_000_SnapCollage.png

• After you allow this, the option to turn on App passwords will become available in the Signing in to Google box:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.29_15h12m33s_009_.png

• When you click on it you, you can give a name to the password option e.g. PSE 2021 on my computer:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.29_15h18m51s_011_.png

After you hit the Generate button a strong password will be automatically generated for you.  (You may have to enter your regular Google account password first.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.29_15h00m11s_006_.png

Copy this newly generated password and go back to PSE Preferences>email and enter the new gmail app password:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.29_14h44m39s_001_.png

Click the Validate button and you should receive a successful validation message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 2 hours of working with this I have made it twice to where the generated password shows  and still am unable to validate.  The password shows blank and if I try inputting the generated password it will not validate.  According to the instructions you are not supposed to even write it down and it should automatically go to the Adobe account.  Waited over an hour for a live person contact to join me this morning.  Guess I need to try after hours.  Wish I had never purchased this version but my new computer did not find the original one on the backup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@photoenthusiast said:

According to the instructions you are not supposed to even write it down and it should automatically go to the Adobe account.

That's not how it works.  You have to copy and paste the generated password from Google to Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally gave up on the email program after tying up an adobe online chat for over 2 hours.  I now am simply exporting to new files and selecting and sharing from there.  As far as anyone knows this function will not work on my computer and for the few times I need to email a photo this will be sufficient.  Thank you again for your help on this item.  Please have a nice holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines