• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions in a slide show

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased photoshop elements 2019 and would like to create a slide show.   Most of my pictures in organizer have captions and I would like to use those captions when creating a slide show.  This was available using older versions of photoshop, but how do I do that with 2019.   I see you can add the captions again in the slideshow but I want to use what is already on my photos.   Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that option is available for the newer version of the slideshow editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why they would remove this feature and make you enter a caption that you already typed in.   What was that thought process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikes32873939  wrote

I don't understand why they would remove this feature and make you enter a caption that you already typed in.   What was that thought process?

They removed, not the caption feature, they removed totally the old slideshow creator to replace it with a new one to try to meet the expectations of their PSE users of today.

Thought process, I can imagine:

- Only a very tiny part of old users did use the captions. They can see how often that's used.

- Those who used captions were angry at the lack of customization to place the captions. Many complaints.

- In more advanced slideshow creators like Premiere Elements or Lightroom, that's not an issue.

The real issue is that either you are happy with the new automatic and super easy version, or you must be ready to use (and learn) Premiere Elements for real customization. If you are happy with the old  software, try to keep your old PSE version together with the newer one. You can keep them at the same time on the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done slide shows with Elements for more than 15 years and once you learn you can do a lot. It looks as if we must purchase Premiere elements to have what older versinos did.  Can an older version of Photoshop Elements be installed without un installing Elemnts 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can an older version of Photoshop Elements be installed without un installing Elemnts 2019?

By @defaultn42pnt6l6a1c

Yes.  Each version is totally independent and can coexist with other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines