Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color reproduction problem

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct download flowers.jpgOpen in Elements.jpg

I just noticed a problem reproducing colors when opening files in Elements 13.  See the examples above:  the top file was downloaded directly from my SD card onto the (Mac) desktop.  For the other one, I opened the downloaded photo in Elements and saved it, without any modifications, right back to the desktop.  I get the same result whether or not I go through Camera Raw.  In the first photo, the petals on the flower on the left have a rich, silky pink color, where in the other photo the overall look is more "bland" and somewhat washed out.  Zooming up helps to see the difference.  I have chosen "no color management" under color settings, because this gives the closest result to the original.  Still, this is unsatisfactory.  What settings do I need to change?

TOPICS
Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

I guess that I did not make myself clear. In Editor>Edit menu>Color settings, check "Always optimize colors for computer screens."

Next, go to File>print>more options>color management tab. In the drop-down under color handling, select "printer manages colors."

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting these photos, I see that the differences don't really show up in this post.  You'll have to take my word for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under PSE color settings I have mine set to optimize for computer screens.

Under printer properties,  I checked "Printer manages Colors".

If color fidelity remains an issue for you, you may be well advised to calibrate your monitor. There are several devices available for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hatstead,

I did go back and retry "optimize for printers" in PSE and it did improve!  I haven't tried printing the result yet, but I'll look into the "Printer manages Colors" option as well.  Thanks for the response!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that I did not make myself clear. In Editor>Edit menu>Color settings, check "Always optimize colors for computer screens."

Next, go to File>print>more options>color management tab. In the drop-down under color handling, select "printer manages colors."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, but now all the color settings seem to be reproducing the image adequately.  I don't know what is/was going on, but at the moment there isn't a problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines