• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing when I use my Wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was fine before today's update.

Now when I put the pen to the stylus to draw, everything freezes and then crashes.  I can't do anything, the entire program is now useless.  I am unable to roll back to a previous version because my computer doesn't seem to have saved a restore point.

I regret downloading the update.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

ok guys -- I have managed to do a roll back!!!

I went here: Download Adobe Photoshop Elements | 2021, 2020  and that gave me a nearly 4Gb download file which is the installer. I let it run and then started PSE which then popped up a window telling me that I had an update. I KILLED THE PSE PROCESSES. Then re-ran PSE and before the updater could fire, I got into  EDIT / Preferences / General / Application Updates and made sure that the "NOTIFY ME" and "Enable remind me later" were checked. and Voi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled, and this didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too... reinstalled from scratch - and the wacom  drivers and tried in administrator account ... tried and failed to roll back to the previous version with no luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise. I just got out of a 6+ month artist-block and did the update, now it freezes when I move it to my xp-pen tablet. X.X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know how to roll-back to the previous working version .. all I can find is the current broken version???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled and it says you can roll back to previous versions in Creative Cloud - which Elements was, for some reason, left out of.  I don't know why that program was even installed on my computer when the one thing I own isn't a part of it.

If you right-click the icon you will see "restore previous versions" but I didn't seem to have any saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys -- I have managed to do a roll back!!!

I went here: Download Adobe Photoshop Elements | 2021, 2020  and that gave me a nearly 4Gb download file which is the installer. I let it run and then started PSE which then popped up a window telling me that I had an update. I KILLED THE PSE PROCESSES. Then re-ran PSE and before the updater could fire, I got into  EDIT / Preferences / General / Application Updates and made sure that the "NOTIFY ME" and "Enable remind me later" were checked. and Voila! I'm back on 151582 and my wacom works!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this solution! I can confirm that it works. Hopefully Adobe is aware of the issue at this point and will correct it in future updates. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get back to Adobe after the original cyclic buck-passing exercise between them and Wacom? (I can't seem to find a way to raise a support ticket)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sure did and referred them to this forum because they initially told me nobody else was having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this also fixed the issue for me.  I can draw again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go into more detail on this process? I'm not sure if you mean you start the installation process and then start the program. I don't get an update popup. It's taken me forever to figure out how to fix this bug and it's getting so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall your current version

Reinstall from the link

I don't know why you wouldn't get a pop up because the program is going to want it's update right away.  I already had the notify me/remind me later options checked on mine, so the download didn't start automatically and I just clicked it off and ignored it.  Which I will have to do every time I open the program, but at least things work again.

Are you sure you didn't get the pop up and get an update automatically before you had time to notice?  Have you checked to see if the version you have is allowing you to use a tablet?  If not I would try again, and hurry to change the settings before any sort of update can happen.  If it starts the update, CTRL ALT DELETE and end the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the quick follow-up, I managed to get it to work. What a relief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have the same problem. Using the Wacom Intuos. I contacted Adobe yesterday and they told me to contact Wacom even though the problem is application-specific. It still works on every other program just fine. I talked to Wacom and they told me to contact Adobe. 

Adobe, please create an updated driver that corrects this problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but BarnOwls link to the download fixed it for me. Thanks BarnOwl.

My tablet is an old Wacom Intuos 3 but I only bought the update for Elements on 14th January 2021 - which was subject to an update on the 3rd Feb which made Elements crash. It sent an error report to Adobe, but I haven't yet heard back. I kept a copy of the Elements download from the 14th January, but oddly re-installing that did not work, but BarnOwls link to Adobe's download site did. BrownOwls link download a slightly early version of Elements, albeit only by a few weeks, and was a much larger file size - possibly due to the various languages. I would recommend everyone to download it and keep it safe even if they don't instal it, before it is updated on the Adobe website. It seems that this tablet compatability problem may run and run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. A downgrade can only be a temporary solution. The issue should be fixed by Adobe emidiately 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reporting the crash and elaborated on what I was doing at that moment, I got last week an email from one of the Adobe Photoshop Elements engineers informing me that they are aware of the bug and are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, still not fixed because it just happened to me. The tablet is less than a year old and I just downloaded a fresh copy of Elements 2021 on a new computer. Has anyone heard back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me years ago.. what a f#%k on. This makes me want to not buy Adobe products in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The download link for 2021 Windows 10 didn't work. I asked the live messaging and they give me a temporary link to the PhotoshopElements_2021_LS30_win64_ESD install package. Desabling updates (remind me later) as they said in other responses, it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements Update 2021.2 has been released today which will fix the issue with Tablet Pen.

Here are the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nidhi - I've installed and given it a quick tryout -- all looks fine ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks.

After update to 20210304.m.156367 photoshop elements 2021 doesn't crash !

But I still have issues with the pen.

The position on the screen looks good but the click does nothing most of the time, it's unusable.

On the drawing area, with the brush, the mouse pointer flashes between arrow icon and circle icon and draw nothing.

I roll-back to PhotoshopElements_2021_LS30_win64_ESD.

Regards,

Guillaume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you roll back to an earlier version. My Intuos 3 is doing exactly what you describe. It's unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines