Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop tool problem in Camera Raw of Elements 2021 (trial version) on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying Photoshop Elements 2021 (trial version) on Windows 10 system. When I use the Crop tool in Camera Raw 12.3 of this software, the frame lines doesn't move when I grab any handle of the cropping frame. If I click on another tool after moving any handle of the cropping tool, then I can see that the the cropping line have moved.

Is anyone know how to fix that weird behavior?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change for the crop tool in the full version for Photoshop has created very harsh protests in the feedback forum. Personnally I am not at ease at all with the new concept. There is a need for explanations and tutorials to help for the transition to the new crop tool. That requires more than a few suggestions. Here is a search for the recent crop tool change:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/search?q=Camera%20raw%20crop%20tool%3B%20ACR%2012.3&pag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MichelBParis for the link about the Crop tool changes.

The problem I had with the Crop tool in Camera Raw of Photoshop Elements 2021 in Windows 10 is now gone. Indeed, today I made am update of Camera Raw to version 13. That fix the problem.

I had a calling appointement with an Adobe representative some days ago about that problem, but he never called me back. I feel it's a lack of respect. But, it's an other story...

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SebastianAlexanderMelbrok ,

Hope you have also updated the ACR version to 13.0? Can you please confirm if the issue got resolved for you?

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NidhiSachdeva 

The recent camera raw versions for Elements have changed some features drastically, not only the interface.

The 'Help' button still points to the old doc from 2018.

It is urgent to provide a fully updated version, or at least a summary of 'What is new' or detailed docs about a feature like cropping.

Furthermore, features like the crop tool are hard to explain without a video tutorial.

For instance, a few questions about the crop tool in other Elements forums:

- why is it slow and choppy (more than in the full Photoshop version?)

- Is it by design that the 'Previous version' settings necessrily includes the crop setting?

- Many features are operated by very small icons which need a detailed description, like straightening, undoing a crop (nothing for redo...) etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SebastianAlexanderMelbrok ,

Yes, I updated the ACR version to 13.0, and the issue was resolved for me.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines