• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does uninstalling require the Disk?

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend asked me to help.  He's trying to uninstall Elements 9.  He says when he tries to uninstall it requires the original disk.  He has lost the original disk.

He's computer illitrate but I've never heard of a program that requires the disk to uninstall.  So, is it true that Elements requires the original disk in order to uninstall?  If this this is true it's terrible.  I could misplace the disk and then be unable to get rid of an old program I no longer use. 

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC
TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Apps & Features in Windows 10 to uninstall. I have never heard of a requirement for a disk to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of that problem either. It may be that the program's uninstaller exe file has been damaged/deleted. If that is the case, one could install the program from the disc to repair the file, and then uninstall the program.

Presumably, he has already tried to uninstall from Apps or the Control Panel.  If so, it may be time to use the Adobe CC Cleaner app which can be found here.  It will also clean up an uninstall of Elements.  However, it requires going to a CMD prompt, so your friend may need some help.  The Cleaner is also a little confusing.  At one of the first dialog screens, you are presented with a list of programs to delete, but Elements will not show up there.  Choose Option #1 All.  That will bring up a new dialog, hopefully listing Elements 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  He's very impatient and I think he has already taken the laptop to a shop.

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not unusual. Info from the original install is needed and not all installers save a copy on the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines