• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, After losing all my photo folders in Picasa (which I have now removed from my computer) I have managed to retrieve them from my hard drive and loaded them into Photoshop Elements 11. I have dozens of duplicate photos but when I run the "find duplicate photos" section all it does is load the "similar photos" section. How can I remove all the duplicates?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to photoshop elements

thanks

jonathan

-moderator-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what criteria you are using to determine whether a photo is a duplicate of another.  For the most part, the Organizer will refuse to import a file that is a true duplicate of another.  For example, if you import files from a memory card, take some more photos on the card without deleting the first set, the Organizer will refuse to import the first set of files from the card again.  (There are exceptions to this rule.)

Frankly, the Organizer is not the best tool to eliminate true duplicate files from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply.

I have checked and I have at least 10 copies of about 20 different photos with varying copies of others. As I stated when I open the search for duplicates photos it does not even attempt to search for them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Scooter Software) Beyond Compare and Auslogics Duplicate File Finder are very good

(Ashisoft) Duplicate Photos Finder is very good at finding real photo duplicates.

- I have no relationship with these companies; I have found them personally useful -bbey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
I am a professional photographer and I am using a quick photo finder that finds duplicate and also can find similar images and remove it from our system in a very easy way. We can set the pixel by pixel similarity in this software that's why I liked it very much. I have found this software from a list that is  - Best Duplicate Photo Finder and Cleaner Tools

You can go through with this list and can find the best as per your need.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the software you mentioned, let it search on all my photo folders and it found zero duplicates.

When I open Elements and go through all the folders there are hundreds in there so at a loss what to do other than kepp on manually removing them.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@drummermouse, Google discontinued Picasa in 2016. Maybe all of those duplicates were one of the reasons they decided to kill it.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines