• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 does not run after Windows 10 May 2018 update

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 15 does not start after the Windows 10 update in May 2018. I reinstalled Elements, but it still does not work. Does anyone have a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Also, Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi barbarah76481518​

The solution is given in response to the same questions in this forum.

Please see the solution as step by step process :

Photoshop Elements 2018 memory problems - unable to edit and save files

Also take a look at

RAM dans photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologize for inconvenience.

Please follow the below steps to take care of the issue:

• Close Photoshop Elements program if open.
  • Press the Windows and "r" key simultaneously to bring up the run window.
  • Type regedit and press enter.
  • Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\14.0
  • Right click on 14.0 and create a new DWORD.
  • Rename the DWORD value to "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB".
  • Right click on it and select modify.
  • Change the base value from "hexadecimal" to "decimal".
  • Change the value data from "0" to a numeric megabyte value that reflects your installed physical memory (put 1024 if you have 2 GB RAM, 2048 if you have 4 GB RAM)

The following workaround is for customers who are comfortable with modifying their registry. If these types of instructions are unfamiliar or confusing to you, please contact support for help.

Take a backup of the registry, prior to making any changes. Please see Microsoft's document for How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Hope it fixes the issue.

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This registry key fix worked for me  (Elements 15, Windows 10 current updates as at July 18).  Symptoms were various "Cannot complete your request...." messages and some messages about not enough memory.  Thanks to several people who posted or confirmed the fix.  (If you'reunsure of editing the registry, maybe an IT-savvy friend could do it for you. Save a backup of the registry first.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comp is only offering  current user. Its doesnt have software/adobe/f in the options. Just current user. I had mine cleaned completely out yesterday and reinstalled the program and am still receiving the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandy, regedit isn't the easiest program to use, and can cause harm, and with all respect, can I suggest you seek help from someone with in-depth IT experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I actually took it to a pro computer tech and had it

wiped clean. It still didnt fix it when I reinstalled the program. I have

to have it for work. So I have to try something. It's a new HP Laptop.

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandyl48090332  wrote

My comp is only offering  current user. Its doesnt have software/adobe/f in the options. Just current user. I had mine cleaned completely out yesterday and reinstalled the program and am still receiving the same error message.

The bug is not in Elements, it's in Windows. So uninstalling and reinstalling will not help. Moving back to the previous Windows 10 version would help, but Microsoft makes that nearly impossible.

Could you show a screenshot of your Registry with the missing 'software/adobe' folder?

Registry-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took it to a pro tech, had it wiped clean, reinstalled the program, and

still got the same message. Thanks for the reply,

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sandy. I apologise if my comment wasn't clear.  The fix that's recommended above, and worked for me, is to use "Regedit" to add a new item to the Registry. That isn't all that easy to do, and it is that which I was suggesting you get expert help with.  Possibly an IT-knowledeable friend, not necessarily a shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm computer illiterate, but I actually tried this myself and it worked.

My only disappointment was that my tech guy didnt figure it out and I

wasted money. Thanks so much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions given by the staff on this thread work, but it's a little nervewracking if you're not overly computer savvy like me. Luckily, I was able to FaceTime a friend who made me feel more confident by walking me through the process.

If I may be blunt, I think it's crap that some sort of patch hasn't been issued to fix this problem. There's no reason why we should have to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some steps that you can follow

Open C:\ProgramData in File Explorer; it's a concealed organizer, so simply glue that way into the location bar.

Make another organizer and name it Adobe.

Make another envelope inside Adobe and name it Elements Organizer.

Make another envelope inside Elements Organizer and name it 15.0

When you're set, the envelope way will be C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\15.0. Presently, simply run Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. It will dispatch typically and will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines