• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 crashes when moving layer from open file to open file

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the 2021 PSE and did the disc install on my 6 month old Mac mini with Big Slur. At completion of install, there was an update message, which I performed. The problem I experienced is when there are two files open, showing side by side. I attempted to drag a layer from one file to the other, and crash, it quit. I have reopened it and repeated the process again, crash. Is this a known bug?

Your help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Premiere Elements video editing group.  You might want to ask your question in the Photoshop Elements group.   I don't have the ability to move it for you or I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't realize that. Thank you. I'll repost there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately there seems to be a few people having the same problem. I think they all are running macOS Big Sur and have updated to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.1.

Haven't seen an official response from Adobe but hopefully they are aware of the issue by now, and working on a solution which can be included in the next update. 

For now, you could do a couple of things:

1. Highlight the layer, Select All (Command+A), Copy (CMD+C), switch to the destination image and Paste (CMD+V).

2. Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, then reinstall and stop the application from updating to version 2021.1

Sorry I can't help any more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines