• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 Organizer - Thumbnails missing

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm import pictures (.JPG) made with a Samsung S20 Ultra, the pictures with the higher resolution (12000x9000 - size about 28Mb) don't have thumbnails. The other imported pictures are working well (thumbnails are present).

What can I do ? thanks for help

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

See;

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

Edit:

If the size is the reason, a solution would be to create a version set for a small resized version as the 'top of version' set. It will act as a 'proxy' and speed up browsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See;

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

Edit:

If the size is the reason, a solution would be to create a version set for a small resized version as the 'top of version' set. It will act as a 'proxy' and speed up browsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine it works well.

Thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same camera, same version Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, but the solution doesn’t work.

In the registry I don’t see any key for Elements Organizer under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\. So I create a new subkey Elements Organizer. Elements 2021 is version 19 and so I created a subkey 19.0, then a subkey Organizer, then a Qword MaxImageSize and the value 144000000. Finished and restarted the computer, delete some picture in organizer and reimport the pictures, but no solution. I tried the subkey 2021 and 2021.0, but no solution.

I’m sure, that I make a mistake. So I beg you for an advice.

Thank you. Regards from Germany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that article needs updating for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.

1. In the registry, you need to navigate to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\19.0\Organizer

2. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it MaxImageSize

3. Modify it by changing the Base to Decimal and enter the number 113246208 (that's 108 x 1024 x 1024).

4. Exit the Registry Editor.

5. Start up Elements Organizer (no need to restart your PC) and Import.

Depending on the amount of RAM you have installed it might take a moment or two for the thumbnail to appear (I've got 16GB RAM and it took over 30 seconds). You'll see an hourglass icon on the gray thumbnail while it's processing the image (not the broken file icon as before).

Here's the sample image I used from Flickr:

Shot on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra - 108MP mode

(Click Download > Original)

And here it is sitting nicely in the Organizer 🙂

Screenshot 2021-03-11 121015.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phil,
Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\19.0\Organizer because ...\Elements Organizer\19.0\Organizer didn't exist. So I created the new subkeys. Unfortunately no success. It look like this.

Pedder52_0-1615467956935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pedder52, You were NOT following Phil's instructions. Here it is. It's not located under the WOW6432Node that you're showing.

2021-03-11 08_40_37-Registry Editor.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Walter.
But I don't have any key for Adobe in the Software chapter. Shall I create one?

Pedder52_0-1615470950285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Phil.
Thank you, Walter.

I created a new key \Adobe\Elements Organizer\19.0\Organizer in the software chapter and now it works.

Great.

Regards from Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

I think that you must have installed Photoshop Elements only for the current user and not for all users on your computer. In which case, you should have been looking in:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\19.0\Organizer

Another way to get to the correct location would be to use the Find option in the Registry Editor and search for MaxMemoryLoad. (Hopefully there's only one found!) That's in the same folder as MaxImageSize needs to be created.

But as you've found out, Photoshop Elements will look in both places: HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, so no need to go messing about in the registry again if everything is working now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines