Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 9 after Catalina upgrade not usable any more

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I had to upgrade my Macbook to OS Catalina. Ever since I cannot use Elements 9 anymore as it the wrong bitversion. What are my options now? (I used the testversion of Elements 2021 but don't wanna buy another license...)

Thanks in advance and best regards!

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you chose to go to Catalina (or were forced to), it means all your old apps were trashed. Just like that. It's part of the Joy Of Mac. You need to buy all new software. PERHAPS there will be an upgrade price IF you still have your old serial number (don't share it with anyone!!) Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @Deleted User, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your old version won't work on your current OS and you don't want to buy another license, what kind of solution are you looking for?  You can restore your old OS and continue to work with Elements 9 or you can upgrade to Elements 2021. Every version of Elements is a new license.  But, as the owner of a previous version, you get an upgrade discount for the new license purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, 

thx for the response. How can I get the upgrade discount, where can I find it?

Best Regards
Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You'll see an upgrade option on this page

Buying guide | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021

2021-05-12 11_50_24-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines