• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export albums

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love my album in Organizer with the old photos of my family and explanatory captions I added. ie Grandmother Florence's uncle Joe. These are really old historic pix I had digitized. I simply want to share this exactly as it looks with the rest of my family. I can't figure out how to keep the captions. All the Adobe help seems to be for older versions. I just don't see the options to share a whole album. My vision was to download a copy of the album to a drive and send a drive to each family member with photos plus captions.

Is this even possible? Whole reason I thought Elements would be useful. I don't want anyone to struggle with metadata, format etc. Just photos and explanatory captions.

Help!!  Thanks so much. S.

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select all of the images in your Album and choose File>Export as New File(s) to export the images to a thumb drive.  The captions will be included within the exported file.  But the real problem is how will your family view them?  If they have Elements on their computer, they can import the files into their catalog and the captions will be viewable under the image in Full Screen View.  I don't think the Windows Photos App will show the captions but the caption is available under file properties.  Other software photo readers may or may not be able to display  the caption.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.19_16h28m40s_000_.png

I've just noticed that you use a Mac, about which I know nothing.  So, there may be even more differences than my answer indicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. Yes...I was exporting the images to the thumb drive OK.  It helps to know that the captions only show up in Elements.  This would not work for sharing with a family of diverse ages and computer skills. Doubt they all have it.  I read about putting a label directly on the photo...it's not my preference, but perhaps that is the next thing to try.

Appreciate your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be precise, the captions will be available in the metadata, and some software may show it automatically.  But adding a text box to your scans may be the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines