• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facial recognition

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run facial recognition in 2019 Elements on a photo, start to enter names in the caption under the faces. As I move from person to person, Elements ask me sometimes if the person I'm looking at is someone else. What I can't understand is that at the far right of the caption it gives me a yes or no option, but everything is grayed out.   

I also noticed that after all the name tags have been entered, the next time I look at the picture Elements still ask if the face belongs to someone else.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid what you are seeing seems to be a bug.  I had only recently noticed it in Elements 2020, and after seeing your post, I have now confirmed it in 2019.  I will be reporting it to the development team. 

JustDealWithIt said:

I also noticed that after all the name tags have been entered, the next time I look at the picture Elements still ask if the face belongs to someone else. 

Can you give us some more details about the workflow that produces this result. There are many different ways to add a name, e.g., are you naming stacks of faces in the UnNamed People tab, or are you confirming the name in the Named People tab.  And where are you seeing the erroneous suggestion of a name, e.g. in the People tab or in the Media tab of the Organizer?

Also, What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to do some more investigation!

So, we imported over 19,000 pictures organized in various folders. I turned off automatic facial recognition and decided to individually scan each picture.

I picked one family folder and utilized medial tab to start with,  I went picture by picture scanning each for facial recognition and added facial names {People Tag} to the image. As I got further along in the folder, Elements started asking if this person was somebody else with a check and X at the end.  Both were grayed out and would not allow me to do anything until I clicked away. Once I clicked outside of the circle it brought up a smaller circle of the face and would then would allow me the ability to add the name to it. So I did this throughout this one folder as the issue came up. I didn't have this issue on every picture. .

When I finished with this one folder, I went back picture by picture hovering over each face. I ran across several that would still ask me if the face was somebody else; Yes & No options we're still grayed out. When I clicked off and re-hovered over the face it would show the correct name of the person I entered.

I thought that if I went into the people tab and located the person Elements thougt it waso, I would be able to  un-confirm the image.  Unfortunately the image is not even located under the profile, So why is Elements thinking it is?

We our running Windows 10 Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines