Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FULL Removal of Elements 17.0

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to setup an uninstall script to remove Photoshop Elements 2019 (ver17.0) from my employers standardised build. 

I am able to sucessfully remove the core package using the following command;

Set-up.exe --silent=1 --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PSE --productPlatform=win64 --codexVersion=17.0 --deleteUserPreferences=True

This does however leave behind another program called Elements Creation Notification.   I've managed to track this down in the registry, despite it not having ANY appwiz.cpl placeholders or WMIC product keys.   

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\Uninstaller.exe" --uninstall=1 --sapCode=EORG --productVersion=17.0 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={EORG-17.0-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADB} --productName="Elements 2019 Organizer" --mode=1

The above doesn't work at all if Elements is uninstalled.   this is because the folder the registry key call upon are removed.  So I try and reinstall so I can run this command to remove the Organiser, it there is NO option to invoke a silent switch despite it having looking like it uses the same switches that the Elements uninstaller (which works with the silent switch) ... the uninstaller for Organiser doesn't accept this and still prompts for confirmation.

I've tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove Elements and this doesn't make any difference either.

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved a PM from Karen Mayall (adobe) asking that I email this through to adobecare    @outlook.com and I have done so.  I've not reieved any reply to acknowledge the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of scammers. Adobe would never use an outlook address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to remove all traces using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 99jon.    I've tried that already.  It doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, tried to run the removal tool again to be sure.  Forgetting about the createXML file option, I have tried to run this normally as suggested....the remover doesn't do anything apart from scrub it's own inventory...  the actual files and shortcuts for the PS elements are still on board.    I've also checked the programs and features list... yes the product is still there but now I can't even scrub this out manually as windows reports that it's no longer installed.

Using the cleaner breaks my test machine... I've even tried to use the command line that ACTUALLY WORKS and this doesn't work.   Since running the cleaner, this stops me from removing the program in any way at all.

also need to point out that the Organiser isn't even listed when using the cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to manually uninstall. This link relates to an earlier version but you should be able to adapt.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/manually-remove-photoshop-elements-12.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you used the CC cleaner tool were you able to see the option to remove Elements?  The tool is very confusing and if you didn't see an option for Elements, it would not have worked.

There is no separate installer for the Organizer.  It is installed or uninstalled whenever you install/uninstall Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, if only one program is installed on your machine.  If you have both PSE and PRE installed, the Organizer will remain installed until you uninstall both programs.

And the PM that you received was definitely from a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Greg_S

Yes, I've gone through the cleaner tool and selected option 4 and Elements is in that submenu. There is no seperate entry for the Organiser as I'm assuming that it's classed as a part of the Elements package, that it wouldn't need an uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no seperate entry for the Organiser as I'm assuming that it's classed as a part of the Elements package, that it wouldn't need an uninstaller.

That is correct.  Have you tried the M$FT uninstall troubleshooter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines