• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Elements 10 install

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put Photoshop Elements 10 on a laptop that does not have a disc drive. I've gone through all the motions until it asks for serial number. Unfortunately, it keeps telling me the serial number is not correct yet I'm holding the box in my hand. Since support does not have messaging or email, I am forced to post on this forum. Can I please get some help?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this Help article offers you any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Greg. Unfortunately it didn't help, but an admin sent me a link for an email so that we can get this problem absolved. This is not the first time I've attempted to install this software and it was purchased at Office Depot, so I know the serial number is a valid number. LOL. Hopefully support will be able to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AngelOverton, I hope you have been contacted by an Adobe employee.  Be careful that it is not a scammer.  Please look at this post which will help you identify whether this is a scam.  A true Adobe employee will have an email from Adobe.com.  Scammers will send links via private message and give links to non-Adobe.com websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ain't that just like biting into a bitter apple! Considering where I used to work, you would think I would have done that! My mind is slipping in my old age. So what else can I do to get my elements running on my laptop without having to purchase an external cd drive? I have some photos needing to be edited to put in my new photo frames. I've just moved to Louisiana from Arkansas, and I miss my kids and grandkids. I want to edit the pics they have taken with their phones so I can frame them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not have the serial number, but a redemption code, which can be used only once to obtain a serial number.

See this reply by John Waller :

• Redemption codes and serial numbers are two different things
  • A redemption code has one job: to obtain (or redeem) a serial number. Redemption codes are a mix of letters and numbers and can be used once only. You enter your redemption code to obtain a serial number. After that, your redemption code is discarded.
  • Serial numbers are 24 digits, no letters. Your serial numbers is required every time you install or re-install the software in order to license the software.
  • Serial numbers last forever.
  • Your serial number is required every time you re-install the software.

from here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/problem-installing-photoshop-elements-2018/m-p/117...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob Thank you for the reply. Yes it's a serial number, all digits no letters. I had already tried going through orders, but it says I have no orders or boxed orders. I had purchased this disc years before ever signing up for an adobe account. Somehow I had found my way to looking up my software by serial number. When I plugged in my serial number, it says it's not valid. I know it is valid, because it's the same number I have used to when I installed it on my previous computers that did have a disc drive. I did not think things through when I chose a pc without one. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to install it from a download, the serial number may not work unless installed from the disc.

Also, the disc version usually came with a Mac serial number and a Windows serial number.  Make sure you are using the correct one for your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a disc serial number, yes it's the pc one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how are you installing on your new machine if it doesn't have a disc drive?  If you copied the disc to a thumb drive, possibly some file was corrupted in the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now you see my problem LOL. I have to download it instead of install from disc. I went to the adobe website to download the software, followed all of the steps for later versions and when it came to the serial number, it says my number is invalid. I have to be able to use my 10, b/c I can't afford to do a subscription. In fact, if I could afford it, I would do a subscription for the whole suite! I do apologize, I sometimes am not entirely clear when describing something. I think what I said in my original post is clear, when in fact it was not. I just reread it and said put instead of download LOL, which isn't exactly clear communication. I suffer from chronic pain and had taken something for it when I originally wrote that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to use the disc for the seial number to work.

You can get an external disc drive:

https://www.google.com/search?q=external+disc+drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't afford to do a subscription

Photoshop is a subscription.

Photoshop elements is not a subscription, buit a one time purchase.  

See here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone will let you use a PC with a disk drive in order to copy the disk to a thumb drive. Then install via USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had done that before I had gotten rid of my computers that had a disc drive LOL. I just assumed that because other software has the option for download that Adobe would too LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob Maybe if I get some extra funds in the far future, I could purchase a new one. Right now, that's still costs more than my budget would allow. I had waited until a black friday sale, had some rewards points and my employee discount to wittle down the price of 10 when I purchased it. I think after everything, I paid like $20 for it. It was on sale for like $50 and I had about $26 in Office Depot rewards. I may have to drop $10 on some cheap, crappy editor that won't do anything I need it to do if nobody can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines