• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix Corrupted Image View within Photoshop Elements 12?

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Over the last few weeks I've been importing several hundred photos in to Photoshop Elements 12.

Most photos have been fine, however a small sub-set, about ten or so have come across appearing to be corrupted. The picture on the photo duplicates itself within the same image, on the left hand side is the original image, and on the right hand side the same image again but with horizontal lines running down it.

I've tried reimporting these photos into PE but each time the same thing happens. The original image duplicates with horizontal lines across the right hand side. When I check back on the source photo on Windows Explorer the image shows correctly. So it appears to be a problem with the way PE 12 is displaying these particular photos.

On reviewing the images effected (which are quite old) it seems that some of them might have originally been scanned photos. Not sure if this has any bearing that but was the only difference about these photos compared to all the other that were imported and show correctly.

Has anybody advice on what can be done to fix or stop this happening?

Many thanks, and here is an example :

Example to Adobe PS Forum.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that your corrupted files are compressed tiff files.

If you can read it correctly in another software, could you save the images in another image format or even in uncompressed tiff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thankyou for your response MichelBParis

I've just checked the photos and they all have the same file extension which is  .jpg so I guess they are not tiff files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines