• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Elements 12 to work in Windows 10?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Microsoft's new WIndows 10. My Photoshop Elements 12 program will not work. I repeatedly receive a message that tells me I do not have DirectX/DirectPlay loaded into my computer. When I try an find DirectX/DirectPlay for Windows 10, it does not appear to be available anywhere. Does anyone have a work-around for this; or, do I need to delete Windows 10; and return to my old Windows 7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running in Windows 10 and have not seen any problems.  I did do a fresh install (numerous times for a different problem...Editor wouldn't load).  So far, so good.  I'm not sure that helps you solve your dilemma, but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I struggled with it for hours. The Editor loaded from the start. It was the Organizer for me that would never load. I finally got sick of fooling with it; and went back to Windows 7. Works perfectly once again. Hard to believe Microsoft woujld launch a new version this way. Wait until the serious gamer crowd realizes their gaming won't operate properly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just continue to reload it until Editor finally opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editor would always open. Attempting to go into PSE via clicking on the

Organizer button would freeze the program entirely. I could not open the PSE

program either via the Organizer on the initial load; or, even after

initially opening in the Editor; and, then, trying to open the Organizer from the

Editor screen. Additionally, even though the Editor screen opened, it

would not accept new images. It would only accept and edit images that existed

prior to my upgrading to Win 10. Believe me, I tried it over and over and

over. I also attempted to do it by loading the DirectX version that had been

created for Win 8.1 (which, I believe was version 11.2). Yet, when I took

out Windows 10; and, re-installed Windows 7, it worked perfectly again.

In a message dated 8/8/2015 11:53:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

How do I get Elements 12 to work in Windows 10?

created by NancyAE (https://forums.adobe.com/people/NancyAE) in

Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7842834#7842834)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I got the editor to load...

Renaming the SLStore Folder to SLStoreOLD and renaming the SLCache Folder to SLCacheOLD.

Info from this thread.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1444666?start=0&tstart=0

Once I did this, everything started working fine.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I do I get to those folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, in Windows Explorer, in the left had navigation, you should see something that says "This PC" which will allow you to get to your C: drive.  Once there, you'll need to select the option to show Hidden Files.  For me, that's on the view tab of the ribbon bar towards the right.  Once you can see the hidden files, you should see a folder for "ProgramData" and within that, the Adobe folder.  Once there, you should see the SLStore folder to be able to rename that one.

The second one is in the C: Program Files (x86)/common files/adobe and you'll see the SLCache folder there to rename.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help.  I found the hidden files.  Before I completed those suggestions, I reloaded Premiere Elements which I had not done yesterday when I reloaded Photoshop Elements.  Of course I had loaded and reloaded both of them several times in Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10, but today the stars aligned correctly and Editor opened!  I could not believe it.  I am saving your information and will use it if I have another issue.  Hopefully Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 14 will be good products for Windows 10.    Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you've got it working!  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines