• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the Worspace Background color?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all App setup experts,

I just started with PSE 15 and I want to change it's skin appearance. From Photoshop I'm used a dark background and I want to setup PSE somehow similar.

• Is it possible?
  • How to do it?

Thanks a lot for any helpful hint!

Regards

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

I think the only part of the UI that can be changed is the canvas area.  Right-click anywhere on it to bring up the color choice dialog.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.23_14h00m08s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only part of the UI that can be changed is the canvas area.  Right-click anywhere on it to bring up the color choice dialog.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.23_14h00m08s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg_S.,

as far as the frames aren't customizeable in colors, this is the best helpful answer.

kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change Photoshop 2021 to dark or lighter mode by using: SHIFT + F1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abbey5E54, see my response to your other post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er, doesn't that just open a help page on the web. Please correct if wrong as I too would like to change skin in PE 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pj0D4C That's because it's a Photoshop CC, not Photoshop Elements shortcut (see the reply from @Greg_S.  to that post).

You can only change the canvas background color in Photoshop Elements - again, see the post from @Greg_S. which has already been marked as the "Correct Answer" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification. I had not read your reply carefully enough to note that you said Photoshop 2021.

I had assumed that because the question referred to PSE your reply was related to the same product and not the main Photoshop programme. The canvas area is not an issue for me, and I will just have to learn to live with the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines