Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have documents that print with a light blue background

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me... I have a project that has colored elements in it that I have to print in color, and it prints out with a light blue background.So everything that should be white as a background prints out as light blue instead of white. I print from Photoshop. How can I get rid and remove that light blue background? I have no clue...

Please help! Windows 10 computer, Photoshop CS6.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Open the picture file. This will be the Background Layer.

Open a Levels Adjustment layer above the Background Layer

Use the sliders below the histogram to adjust levels until the picture's background is satisfactory for your purpose. The entire picture is now altered.

Set your foreground color chip to black and activate the Brush tool

With the black brush, paint over the object to "mask" the levels effect. If you go too far, correct with a white brush. Black hides, white reveals.

TIPS: You can c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been moved to the Photoshop forum. Op has Photoshop CS6.

Is the background white on the monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background is pure white on the monitor, but I saw a thread about this same issue and it was fixed by changing the image mode from CMYK to Rgb. I tried that and printed a page and it's the same... instead of white it gives light blue background. Can I post the link of the thread here? It's still on the Adobe Community Forum.

I forgot to mention that the page has been scanned as a photo as it has colored elements on it. However, the background is white on the original document and as well on the monitor too. Only when printed it shows that background color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I checked the background color in Photoshop with the color picker and it's not white, it's light blue.. really light, you can't see it. OK, so, I think this is because of the document being scanned in color. How can I scan it to have a white background (as it is) and still keep it's colors? Or how can I get rid of the bluish background from Photoshop. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorted it out. I adjusted the Levels in Photoshop, and the background was turned into white, automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are satisfied with the background after adjustment with levels, that is really what counts.

However, this manipulation has made a global change to the picture. i.e. foreground & background.

If you use a mask, you can protect the colored objects in the foreground from the levels adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right... it's a great piece of advice... however, I don't know if it would work on this documenmt in particular, but for others.. it is definetly a good idea. Just a quick question, I'm not quite a pro... how would I protect the colored elements from the background by using a mask when adjusting the levels? If I were to select them and then mask it, it would remvoe the background. So then I would just edit the levels on the other layer and keep the mask as it is? Something like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the picture file. This will be the Background Layer.

Open a Levels Adjustment layer above the Background Layer

Use the sliders below the histogram to adjust levels until the picture's background is satisfactory for your purpose. The entire picture is now altered.

Set your foreground color chip to black and activate the Brush tool

With the black brush, paint over the object to "mask" the levels effect. If you go too far, correct with a white brush. Black hides, white reveals.

TIPS: You can change the size of the brush cursor with the bracket keys next to the letter P on the keyboard

Press on x key to toggle between black/white color chips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorted it out. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines