• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I Uninstall pse7 , what happens?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I’ve been using pse7 on my Windows10 pc only to organize my photos.  I’ve saved metadata to files, put tags, captions, keywords on every photo(@10,000). 

My daughter is a MAC user and wants no part of  PSE new or old or any other program like Lightroom for organizing.   

I’m at the stage where I need to get these photos onto her Mac. I have a recent full catalog backup on an External hard drive. We will NOT be using any PSE organizer other than windows on a pc or iPhoto on her Mac. 

Without pse7 or newer I guess my backup is worthless (as I know it’s just a copy of the original photos)?

Is there any way to save any of the tags or keywords to the photos on the pc (windows) original photos  after I uninstall PSE7? 

Whats the best way to prepare to stop using pse7 but retain some info other than EXIF info ?

thank you!!

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Hi,

You can select all the media, and choose File->Write Keyword Tags and Properties Info to Photos. This will write all tags and Keywords to the Details section of the image.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1605678461899.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Is there any way to save any of the tags or keywords to the photos on the pc (windows) original photos after I uninstall PSE7?

Try the Windows Explorer 'File properties', section 'details' and enter keywords and caption ('comments'). Or use an external exif editor.

Whats the best way to prepare to stop using pse7 but retain some info other than EXIF info ?

Anyway, keep your backup ready. What you have already 'written to files' is still available to most third party editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can select all the media, and choose File->Write Keyword Tags and Properties Info to Photos. This will write all tags and Keywords to the Details section of the image.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1605678461899.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help more than you know. Beth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to save any of the tags or keywords to the photos on the pc (windows) original photos after I uninstall PSE7?

Try the Windows Explorer 'File properties', section 'details' and enter keywords and caption ('comments'). Or use an external exif editor.

Anyway, keep your backup ready. What you have already 'written to files' is still available to most third party editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help again Michel. I just did what you told me to do and it makes my life easier. I can click each keyword tag( ie.italy vacation) in PSE  and open info and then location to find those photos in windows and then tag them all at once directly!  You’re a real life saver! Much appreciated. Beth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines