• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Elements 10, is it possible to customize which sliders appear in Edit>Quick? I want Vibrance

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize I am using an older version of Elements, and that this is a moot question for newer versions, but even so:

In Elements 10 (from 2011) for Mac, is there any way to alter or customize which adjustment sliders show up on the right side of the window in Edit/Quick?

In particular, I would like to have the Vibrance slider there, instead of where it currently is hidden in Elements 10 (and hard to access), as part of the Camera Raw editing capabilities only. As things stand, for me to access the Vibrance slider on a jpeg in Elements 10, I need to open the jpeg file from within the File / Open; dialog box, and then basically trick Elements into treating the jpeg as a RAW file by selecting Camera Raw as the format to open the jpeg in. Only when I do that does the Camera Raw 6.4.1 edit window open, where I can find the Vibrance slider (as well as the Fill Light and Clarity sliders, which I also would like).

My goal would be to have all my preferred adjustment sliders grouped all together in one side panel, so I can fiddle with them in tandem with each other, rather than have some only available in Camera Raw, others only available in Edit/Quick, and others only available in Edit/Guided (such as Lighten Shadows). Having them spread out in different locations makes doing fine adjustments awkward, because sometimes it's necessary to make very slight slides back and forth on various attributes to get the adjustment just right. I know that in the new versions of Elements they have upgraded the location/accessibility of the Vibrance slider to be in Edit/Guided. but I don't have those versions -- just Elements 10, running on an old Mac with OS 10.6.8.

I presume there is no way to customize the Edit/Quick slider selection, since I've never seen anyone mentioning that such a thing is possible -- but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

There are no ways to customize the user interface in any version of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Elements plus is an inexpensive plug in which has "vibrance" listed for PSEv.10.

https://elementsplus.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Related follow-up question: Is there a way to make it such that every file drag-and-dropped into Elements  will automatically open in Camera Raw format?

No, the only way is to use the menu 'Open in camera raw' in the editor (or the corresponding command for PSE10 and Mac).

However, once you have opened a file in the ACR module, the next time you open or drag it, it will open in the ACR module. Same for the organizer: you can only open jpegs/psd/tiffs in the ACR if they have been already opened i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no ways to customize the user interface in any version of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I assumed. If so: Is there perhaps some third-party add-on or Extension which beefs up the editing capabilities?

Related follow-up question: Is there a way to make it such that every file drag-and-dropped into Elements  will automatically open in Camera Raw format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements plus is an inexpensive plug in which has "vibrance" listed for PSEv.10.

https://elementsplus.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the only way is to use the menu 'Open in camera raw' in the editor (or the corresponding command for PSE10 and Mac).

However, once you have opened a file in the ACR module, the next time you open or drag it, it will open in the ACR module. Same for the organizer: you can only open jpegs/psd/tiffs in the ACR if they have been already opened in ACR via the editor file menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines